Article 4 Direction for Change of Use of Warehouses to Residential Use
London Borough of Haringey made an Article 4 (1) Direction on 28 June 2016, under Article 4(1) of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order (England) 2015 (as amended). The Direction relates to the new permitted development right introduced through the Town and Country (General Permitted Development Order) 2015, which allows, for a temporary period of three years, buildings in B8 Use Class (storage and distribution centre) to be converted to residential homes (Use Class C3). Planning permission will therefore be required for change of use from Use Class B8 to Use Class C3.
The Article 4 Direction applies to the Borough’s designated employment areas as shown on the map and listed below:
- Tottenham Hale (including Millmead/Ashley Road)
- Part of Central Leeside (including Brantwood Road, North East Tottenham and Marsh Lane)
- Cranford Way, N8
- Lindens/Rosebery Works, N17
- Queen Street, N17
- South Tottenham, N17
- Vale Road/Tewksbury Road (Part), N15
- White Hart Lane, N17
- Willoughby Lane, N17
- Bounds Green Industrial Estate
- Campsbourne, N8
- Crusader Industrial Estate, N15
- Hale Wharf, N17
- High Road East, N17
- High Road West, N17
- Rangemoor Road and Herbert Road, N15
- Wood Green, N22
A hard copy of the Direction and map can be viewed at River Park House, 225 High Road, Wood Green N22 8HQ between 9am and 5pm.
You can also download a PDF version of the Article 4 Direction conversion map (PDF, 942KB).
Representations were sought between 1 July 2016 and 29 July 2016.
The Article 4 Direction came into force on 3 July 2017.
You can view the Signed Article 4 Direction below:
- LBH Signed Article 4 Direction (PDF, 66KB)
- LBH Signed Article 4 Direction Map (PDF, 700KB)
- Cabinet Report - Article 4 Direction (PDF, 175KB)
For further details please contact the Planning Policy Team:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 020 8489 1479
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required