Local Land Charges

Service update - 24 November 2021

From 20 December 2021, we will no longer provide a local land charges search service.

After this date, our Local Land Charges Register will have migrated to HM Land Registry’s national register. You will be able to access a new digital service through the HM Land Registry Portal (external link), Business Gateway and on the HM Land Registry’s GOV.UK pages (external link).

We will continue to respond to CON29 enquiries.

It is important to remember to only submit the required fee of £126 (including VAT) when submitting a CON29 enquiry to us after 20 December 2021.

More information is available on GOV.UK (external link).

COVID-19 update

Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, we are no longer accepting paper searches from April 2020. We are operating a full service at this time, with search requests taking no longer than our standard 5-10 working days for all search types.

Please contact us if you have any issues. 



Page Last Updated:

January 7, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.

If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.