Saturday 23 October: Due to essential maintenance to our systems, some of our Planning and Building Control services will be unavailable on Saturday 23 October, 10.30am-12.30pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
COVID-19: Planning and Building Control updates
At present we are operating a normal service and are able to check plans and inspect work.
However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic all staff are currently working from home. Site visits are still taking place subject to conditions - see below.
Inspections can be booked by telephone or email - please provide us with your contact details (telephone and/or email), the address of the inspection and what there is to inspect.
- Tel: 020 8489 5504
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All new applications are to be submitted online only until further notice.
All restaurants, cafes (A3 uses) and pubs and bars (A4) may operate as ‘take-aways’ until further notice. Please inform the council if you are doing so - email email@example.com and observe alcohol licensing restrictions.
From 14 May, developers may temporarily request to extend their working hours to help with social-distancing. The Government advises work on construction sites up to 9pm Monday-Saturday will generally be permitted. Requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to protect everyone on site, you will be asked to confirm the following and dependant on reply, a decision will be made as to how best to proceed:
- If anyone at the site (property owner or builder) to be visited has been ill and/or displaying the coronavirus symptoms
- If anyone at the site (property owner or builder) has travelled from a country currently not included in the government travel corridor list (external link) within the last two weeks
- Could the inspection be carried out in the absence of the builder/homeowner if necessary?
- Will there be vulnerable people on the premises?
We are here to help you progress your work even in these difficult times, so please feel free to contact us via email if you require any further advice.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required