How to make a Building Control application
- Apply online
- Apply by post
- Charges and fees
- View Building Control applications
- Buy a Site Plan online
- Contact Building Control
Our Online Building Control Service has the following features:
- submit all Building Control applications online
- take electronic payments for all Building Control applications online
- submit a Demolition Notice online
Before you apply
A few things to know before you start your applications:
- we prefer to have all attachments as pdf files, although we will still accept attachments of varying file types
- turn off any pop-up blockers and autofilling tools because this may affect the form as you complete the e-form
- do not use the 'Back' button at any time while completing the form because this may cause your data to be lost
- upon completion of payment, please click the 'Continue' button to add any attachments to your application
Due to office accommodation restrictions since COVID-19, Building Control staff work from home occasionally and so are not in the office every day. This sometimes results in minor delays when dealing with postal correspondence. We try to keep any delays to a minimum, but applying online is the preferred and much quicker option.
If you do want to submit your application by post, please contact us by telephone in advance on 020 8489 5504 to tell us that you will be posting your application so that we can make arrangements to collect it.
Additionally, please pay the required fee by phone using a debit or credit card on 020 8489 1000 (option 8).
To submit your application by post, download the appropriate form from the attached files section below and send to:
- Building Control
10 Station Road
Haringey Building Control Charges Scheme is set in accordance with the requirements of the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010.
In the Scheme there is one Charges Schedule that contains a set of 'standard charges' as well as the familiar table of charges based on the estimated cost of works. Where the estimated cost of works exceeds £120,000 you should contact Building Control in order to obtain an individual quote.
When calculating the charge payable, you may have to take into account more than one 'standard charge' as well as a charge based upon the estimated cost of works, although in cases such as these, you are advised to contact Building Control in order to discuss your works, as a discount may be applicable.
The charge is generally split into 2 parts:
- Plan Charge - submitted with your application
- Inspection Charge - payable as soon as you begin work
Where you submit a Building Notice, both charges must be paid when you submit the notice, and you will be charged for the Completion Certificate at the end of the job.
Where you request a Regularisation Certificate, the charge is the Building Notice Charge plus 30% (this charge does not attract VAT).
In addition to the charges explained above, payable in connection with Building Regulation applications, there are also a number of miscellaneous fees that Building Control charge for a range of services.
Once you have submitted an application to Building Control, should you change your mind and not wish to use the services of our Building Control team, a withdrawal fee of £300 applies (no VAT).
Full Plans and Building Notice applications expire after 3 years where no inspections have taken place.
Where work has commenced and an inspection has not been carried out within 2 years, you can apply for a 'reactivation' of the application. However, we may not agree to do this depending on the circumstances. A reactivation charge of £300 applies (no VAT).
With effect from 1st October 2023, our hourly rate to support the Building Safety Regulator in the performance of its relevant functions under the Building Safety Act 2022 will be £170 per hour.
Our charges and miscellaneous fees, and guidance on how the fees are applied are available below.
- Building Control Charges and Fees - 1 April 2023 (PDF, 97KB)
- Building Control Miscellaneous Fees - 1 April 2023 (PDF, 96KB)
- Building Control Charges Guidance 2023 (PDF,122KB)
- Charges Scheme 11 - 2023 (PDF, 232KB)
You can also view building control applications that have been submitted by visiting our online Building Control register of applications:
- Building Control
10 Station Road
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 020 8489 5504
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.