The Taxicard is a scheme that provides subsidised transport for people who have serious mobility impairment and difficulty in using public transport. Taxicard holders make journeys in licensed London taxis and private hire vehicles at a subsidised rate. The subsidy applies to each trip made.
- Application process
- Proof of address
- How to use your Taxicard
- Replacement Taxicard
The application form is available to download below.
Alternatively, we can post the form to you - please complete our contact e-form if you want an application form posted to you.
Applications are made directly to London Councils, who operate the scheme. They will forward the applications to the Haringey Concessionary Travel team for assessment. Once assessed and approved, the applications are returned to London Councils, who then issue the Taxicards.
- Download the Taxicard Application Form (PDF, 1MB)
1. Any applicant who is registered blind. An applicant needs to provide:
- a registration card/letter issued by the sensory impairment team, or
- a BD8 report issued from a hospital
2. Any applicant in receipt of a war pensioner’s mobility supplement. An Applicant needs to provide:
- up to date evidence (required)
3. Any applicant in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at the higher rate for mobility (help with getting around) or is in receipt of the mobility component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored eight points or more:
- current letter of entitlement is required, or
- copy of a current Motability finance agreement
Applicants who do not meet the automatic eligibility need to take the application form to their doctor. The doctors report needs to show that an applicant suffers from a long- term disability preventing them from using buses or other public transport services. Only applicants with a mobility impairment caused by a physical disability are eligible for a Taxicard.
Proof of address
Applicants who meet either the automatic or discretionary eligibility criteria are also required to provide evidence of Haringey residency such as:
- current Council Tax bill/letter/payment book/benefits, or
- current Council/Housing Association rent book
The following items if dated in the last 3 months are also acceptable:
- Residential Utility bill
- Residential bank or building society statement
- Inland Revenue letter
- Benefits Agency letter
- Residential credit card statement
- Along with two passport size photographs as well as proof of Haringey residence
How to use your Taxicard
When you receive your Taxicard, you will be provided with a unique customer number. You will be asked to provide this number when booking a Taxi. Taxis can be booked online at the Computer Cab website (external link), or by calling 020 7763 5001. Double swiping (being able to use two trips from your allowance on one journey so you receive a larger subsidy) is permitted by Haringey.
Detailed information regarding how the price of a journey is calculated is available on the London Councils website (external link).
Applicants who are unsuccessful will receive written notification of this decision advising them that they have 30 days to appeal against the decision by providing further medical evidence.
All lost, stolen or faulty Taxicards are replaced by London Councils. Please contact them on 020 7934 9791.
More information regarding the Taxicard scheme can be found on the London Councils website (external link).
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required