Owning an electric vehicle
Haringey's Smarter Travel programme encourages residents to cycle and walk rather than use the car to reduce congestion and improve our health and wellbeing. The borough has good public transport links but not all journeys will or can be replaced by alternatives. For the remaining car journeys, electric vehicles will improve local air quality and the health and wellbeing of those who visit, work or live in Wood Green by reducing:
- CO2 and NOx tailpipe emissions
- particulate matter
- traffic noise
Visit our Pollution Control – Local Air Quality page to find out more about Haringey's Air Quality.
Visit our Smarter Travel pages to find out more about cycling and walking in Haringey.
If you currently drive a petrol or diesel vehicle, you could reduce running costs and cut pollutants by switching to electric. Financial savings include:
- Reduced operating and fuel costs.
- Exemption from the Congestion Charge (external link)
- Currently Electric vehicles are exempt from vehicle tax (external link)
- Grants which are available (external link) to assist with the purchase costs of an electric vehicle
See information on electric vehicle charging points in Haringey.
Visit the external websites listed below for a wealth of information on choosing, running and charging electric vehicles.
Alternatively email your question to NOF@haringey.gov.uk and we will endeavour to answer your query.