We support the work of advanced driving groups such as the Institute of Advanced Motorists and The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA). Advice on driver training is available to all local organisations who wish to improve the driving standards of their employees.
For more information on advanced driving groups, please see the external links provided below.
Benefits for Employers
Benefits of driver training for the employer include tangible and non-tangible elements such as:
- reduced crash and injury rates for employees
- potential reduction in insurance premiums
- reduced down time
- savings in fleet running costs including maintenance and fuel
- reduced environmental impact upon the local and wider community leading to improved quality of life for all
- enhanced environmental profile
- reduced health and safety problems
- fulfilling health and safety obligations
- dissemination of information beyond the immediate client base.
Benefits for Employees
Benefits to the employee are a follows:
- reduced risk
- increased confidence
- reduced stress levels
- reduced conflict
- dissemination of information to family and friends
- greater awareness of the individual's responsibility with regard to other road users and health and safety issues
- raised awareness concerning the issue of responsibility rather than the current blame culture
- improved personal fuel economy
- reduced insurance claims