Haringey Council promotes road safety through education and training and by introducing road safety schemes. Please use the links below to find out more about what we do.
Haringey Council has a continuing programme of schemes to improve the safety and operation of the highway network. Many of these schemes originate from issues reported by members of the public such as dangerous road junctions, requests for pedestrian crossing facilities, speed restraint measures (such as road humps) and minor issues such as new warning signs.
- School Travel - Information about School Crossing Patrols and Walking Buses.
- Traffic Schemes - Useful information about the different solutions the council considers to improve the safety and operation of the highway network.
- Road Safety Consultations - Haringey Council consults residents for their views before the introduction of any new road safety schemes. The Road Safety Consultations page has details of current and recent consultations.
- Road Signs and Markings - Information about common road signs and markings
- Speed Limits - Information about how speed limits and speed cameras improve safety for road users.
- Pedestrian Crossings - Find out about how the council uses pedestrian crossings to encourage people to walk and improve road safety
Road Safety Video
See our video for top tips on how to travel around Haringey safely.
Note for iPhone users and Youtube. There is a known bug with iOS and Youtube, Two buttons are read before the player but provide no functionality. We advise that you skip these to access the content.
If you would like to raise a concern or contact us about road safety in Haringey please call or contact us online:
- Tel 020 8489 1335
- Fax 020 8489 1331
- Contact us online
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required