Streetworks and Emergency Traffic Orders


Sometimes works on the public highway or large deliveries to a works site off the public highway, require a road to be temporarily closed or restricted to traffic. Such closures or restrictions require a traffic management order issued by the council.

Utility companies and most public services have a statutory right to undertake works on the public highway and may apply for a temporary traffic management order using the forms below. Private companies and individuals must first consider having to apply for a streetworks licence before temporarily restricting traffic for the reason of streetworks.

How to apply

Traffic Management Group
Level 1 - River Park House
225 High Road
Wood Green
N22 8HQ

Alternatively, you can email or call us on 020 8489 1300.

Back to top


Page last updated:

June 23, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)