Weeds in Haringey are sprayed with an herbicide which is toxic to them and kills them.
This is done to prevent growth:
- between paving slabs
- along the edge of the road
After about 2 weeks, the weeds turn brown and are manually removed to prevent them re-growing.
This work is done by Veolia Environmental Services.
The Herbicide used is non-hazardous and suitable for external use.
Veolia work to make sure the weeds are removed while using as little herbicide as possible.
Herbicides will not be applied before:
- 8am in residential areas
- 9am in the area around schools and similar properties
Spraying is normally finished by:
- 4.30pm in residential areas
- 3.30pm in the area around schools and similar properties
When spraying takes place, consideration is given to:
- nearby watercourses
- neighbouring properties
- other environmental factors
Veolia operates a flexible system and monitors weather conditions.
Treatments take place:
- first treatment – April to May
- second Treatment – July to August
- third treatment – October to November
For more information, please contact Veolia:
020 8885 7700
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.