Weeds in Haringey are sprayed with an herbicide which is toxic to them and kills them.
This is done to prevent growth:
- between paving slabs
- along the edge of the road
After about 2 weeks, the weeds turn brown and are manually removed to prevent them re-growing.
This work is done by Veolia Environmental Services.
The Herbicide used is non-hazardous and suitable for external use.
Veolia work to make sure the weeds are removed while using as little herbicide as possible.
Herbicides will not be applied before:
- 8am in residential areas
- 9am in the area around schools and similar properties
Spraying is normally finished by:
- 4.30pm in residential areas
- 3.30pm in the area around schools and similar properties
When spraying takes place, consideration is given to:
- nearby watercourses
- neighbouring properties
- other environmental factors
Veolia operates a flexible system and monitors weather conditions.
Treatments take place:
- first treatment – April to May
- second Treatment – July to August
- third treatment – October to November
For more information, please contact Veolia:
020 8885 7700
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required