Building near a road

Building near a road requires care and effort so that the work is done with speed and up to standard. This ensures that the right safety precautions are taken and the work is carried out with minimum disruption.

This section contains information on what to do if you are building near a road. The council has regulations on this and a licence is required for the use of skips and building materials (see skips/building materials licence) as well as a licence for scaffolding and hoarding (see scaffold, hoarding, container and crane licences).

Please use the links above or on the left for more information on these licences and how to obtain them.

Page last updated:

December 28, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)