Haringey Council works in partnership with MHL to tow away abandoned and illegally parked vehicles. If your vehicle is parked illegally, it may be towed to the car pound.
Haringey Council no longer clamps vehicles. However, contractors for the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) clamp untaxed vehicles, while vehicles may be clamped on Homes for Haringey estates and private council land (not including public council car parks).
If you suspect that your vehicle has been towed away you can contact:
- the London-wide TRACE service:
- Trace your vehicle online (external link)
- text "TRACE" followed by your Vehicle Registration Mark to 66663. You may be charged for this service.
- call TRACE Customer Services Helpdesk
0300 077 0100
You may be charged for this service
- Haringey Council car pound
0330 135 8949
Please note, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes
Accepted proof of ID
If your vehicle has been removed by Haringey Council, you must visit the car pound with 2 different forms of identification as proof of address and ownership of the vehicle, and pay the penalty charge notice (PCN) and release fees by credit or debit card, or cash.
Please note, we operate a stricter ID policy in the event of a vehicle having 3 or more outstanding PCNs where the ability for appeal has passed and the vehicle has been removed as a persistent evader (see below).
- Proof of vehicle ownership - V5C vehicle log book
- Proof of address - Ccuncil tax bill/tenancy agreement/council housing or housing association rent book/income support book/utility bill. This should be dated within the past 3 months
- Photographic ID - Driving Licence or passport
If it's subsequently claimed that the vehicle has changed keeper or owner, you will have to satisfy the council that the vehicle has genuinely changed keeper or owner since the debt has been accrued and hasn't been changed in an attempt to circumvent the debt itself.
Under such circumstances the following evidence will be required:
- V5 registration certificate
- valid current certificate of insurance issued prior to the date of removal
- utility bill (gas, water, electricity) issued within the last 3 months
- valid full driving licence
- bill of sale
- copy of a bank account detailing a financial transaction (not under value) showing the purchase of the vehicle
Please note, the name and address details on all the documents shown to us, must be the same.
- If you're collecting a vehicle on behalf of the owner:
a signed letter of authority will be necessary from the owner, giving you permission to collect the vehicle, in addition to proof of ownership. Identification will also be required for the person collecting the vehicle.
- If you're collecting a courtesy or lease vehicle:
You will need to bring a copy of the courtesy or lease agreement, or a email from the company supplying the vehicle giving details of authorised drivers. Identification for the driver named in the agreement will also be required.
- If you're collecting a company vehicle:
You will need to bring a letter or email from the company that owns the vehicle, giving details of the person authorised to drive it, an emailed copy of the registration, certificate of insurance and identification for the driver.
We won't release a vehicle from the pound until we have seen all the required documents and have received full payment for the PCN, removal charge and any storage fee incurred.
We will dispose of any unclaimed vehicles and property left in them.
The Haringey car pound is moving:
- Current location - until 15 September 2021 (inclusive): 2a Orbital Business Park, Argon Road, Edmonton, N18 3BY
- New location - from 15 September onwards: Unit 1 Waltham Park Way, Billet Road, London E17 5DU
Please note: if your vehicle was removed to the car pound based at Orbital Business Park before 15 September 2021, it will be transferred to the new location after that date.
- Unit 1 Waltham Park Way, Billet Road, London E17 5DU.
Tel: 0330 135 8949 (please note, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes)
The following charges will apply:
- Removal release fee: £200
- Storage per day: £40
Higher Rate Parking Ticket (PCN):
- Band A: £65 (discounted)
- Band B: £40 (discounted)
Please see our Parking Charges page for an explanation of the PCN charges.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required