COVID-19: We have suspended enforcement of our on-street residential, shared use and permit parking bays. More about parking restrictions during Covid-19 here.
We are proposing to introduce diesel surcharges and changes to parking permit prices - read more about our proposals.
Haringey Council works in partnership with NSL to tow away untaxed and illegally parked vehicles. If your vehicle is parked illegally it may be towed to the car pound.
- Vehicle clamping
- Releasing a vehicle
- Charges for illegally parked vehicles
- Charges for untaxed vehicles
Haringey Council no longer clamps vehicles. However, contractors for the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) clamp untaxed vehicles, while vehicles may be clamped on Homes for Haringey estates and private council land (not including public council car parks).
If you suspect that your vehicle has been towed away you can contact:
- the London-wide TRACE service:
- Trace your vehicle online (external link)
- text "TRACE" followed by your Vehicle Registration Mark to 66663*
- call TRACE Customer Services Helpdesk 0300 077 0100
*You may be charged for this service
- the Haringey Council car pound on 0330 135 8949 - please note: calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes
Accepted proof of ID
If your vehicle has been removed by Haringey council, you must visit the car pound with two different forms of identification as proof of address and ownership of the vehicle, and pay the Penalty charge Notice and release fees by credit/ debit card or cash.
Please note: we operate a stricter ID policy in the event of a vehicle having three or more outstanding PCNs where the ability for appeal has passed and the vehicle has been removed as a persistent evader.
- Proof of vehicle ownership - V5C Vehicle Log Book
- Proof of address - Council Tax Bill/Tenancy Agreement/Council Housing or Housing Association Rent Book/Income Support Book/Utility Bill. This should be dated within the past three months
- Photographic ID - Driving Licence or passport
When the vehicle has three or more outstanding PCNs where the ability to appeal has passed and the vehicle has been removed as a Persistent Evader
If it is subsequently claimed that the vehicle has changed keeper/owner you will have to satisfy the council that the vehicle has genuinely changed keeper/owner since the debt has been accrued and has not been changed in an attempt to circumvent the debt itself.
Under such circumstances the following evidence will be required:
- V5 Registration Certificate
- Valid current Certificate of Insurance issued prior to the date of removal
- Utility Bill (gas, water, electricity) issued within the last three months
- Valid full driving licence
- Bill of sale
- Copy of a bank account detailing a financial transaction (not under value) showing the purchase of the vehicle
Please note: the name and address details on all the documents shown to us, must be the same.
- If you are collecting a vehicle on behalf of the owner a signed letter of authority will be necessary from the owner, giving you permission to collect the vehicle, in addition to proof of ownership:
Identification will also be required for the person collecting the vehicle
- If you are collecting a courtesy/lease vehicle:
You will need to bring a copy of the courtesy /lease agreement or a fax from the company supplying the vehicle giving details of authorised drivers. Identification for the driver named in the agreement will also be required
- If you are collecting a company vehicle:
You will need to bring a letter or fax from the company that owns the vehicle giving details of the person authorised to drive it, a faxed copy of the registration, certificate of insurance and identification for the driver
We will not release a vehicle from the pound until we have seen all the required documents and have received full payment for the penalty charge notice, removal charge and any storage fee incurred.
We will dispose of any unclaimed vehicles and property left in them.
- Haringey Vehicle Pound
2a Orbital Business Park
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday, 7am to 10pm and Sunday, 8am to 8pm
- Bank Holidays: 8am to 4pm
- On Match and Event Days: opening hours may be extended - please ring 033 013 58949 for details
The following charges will apply:
- Removal release fee: £200
- Storage per day: £40
Higher Rate Parking Ticket (PCN):
- Band A: £65 (Discounted)
- Band B: £55 (Discounted)
Please see our Parking Charges page for an explanation of the PCN charges.
If your vehicle has been removed because it is untaxed or has an out of date tax disc you will have to pay the release fee by cash.
- Release (within 24 hours): £100
- Release (after 24 hours): £200
- Storage per day: £21
If a V5C (log book) is not provided the vehicle will need to be re-registered at a cost of £25 by cheque or postal order. This can be completed at the Vehicle Pound.
If you do not buy a tax disc you will have to pay a surety of £160. You may reclaim the surety if you produce a tax disc within 14 days from the date that your vehicle was released.
- For more detailed information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSL also remove our abandoned vehicles