6 December 2022: We are aware of some technical issues affecting our customer service phone lines. Sorry for any inconvenience - we're working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible.
Haringey Council works in partnership with MHL to tow away abandoned and illegally parked vehicles. If your vehicle is parked illegally, it may be towed to the car pound.
Haringey Council no longer clamps vehicles. However, contractors for the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) clamp untaxed vehicles, while vehicles may be clamped on Homes for Haringey estates and private council land (not including public council car parks).
If you suspect that your vehicle has been towed away you can contact the London-wide TRACE service:
- Trace your vehicle online (external link)
- Call TRACE Customer Services Helpdesk:
- Tel: 0300 077 0100 - you may be charged for this service
- Haringey Council car pound:
- Tel: 0330 135 8949 - calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes
Important: if the TRACE service does not provide you with details of the whereabouts of your vehicle, please contact the police non-emergency line on 101 or the textphone service 18001 101.
Accepted proof of ID
If your vehicle has been removed by Haringey Council, you must visit the car pound with 2 different forms of identification as proof of address and ownership of the vehicle, and pay the penalty charge notice (PCN) and release fees by credit or debit card, or cash.
Please note, we operate a stricter ID policy in the event of a vehicle having 3 or more outstanding PCNs where the ability for appeal has passed and the vehicle has been removed as a persistent evader (see below).
- Proof of vehicle ownership - V5C vehicle log book
- Proof of address - Ccuncil tax bill/tenancy agreement/council housing or housing association rent book/income support book/utility bill. This should be dated within the past 3 months
- Photographic ID - Driving Licence or passport
If it's subsequently claimed that the vehicle has changed keeper or owner, you will have to satisfy the council that the vehicle has genuinely changed keeper or owner since the debt has been accrued and hasn't been changed in an attempt to circumvent the debt itself.
Under such circumstances the following evidence will be required:
- V5 registration certificate
- valid current certificate of insurance issued prior to the date of removal
- utility bill (gas, water, electricity) issued within the last 3 months
- valid full driving licence
- bill of sale
- copy of a bank account detailing a financial transaction (not under value) showing the purchase of the vehicle
Please note, the name and address details on all the documents shown to us, must be the same.
- If you're collecting a vehicle on behalf of the owner:
a signed letter of authority will be necessary from the owner, giving you permission to collect the vehicle, in addition to proof of ownership. Identification will also be required for the person collecting the vehicle.
- If you're collecting a courtesy or lease vehicle:
You will need to bring a copy of the courtesy or lease agreement, or a email from the company supplying the vehicle giving details of authorised drivers. Identification for the driver named in the agreement will also be required.
- If you're collecting a company vehicle:
You will need to bring a letter or email from the company that owns the vehicle, giving details of the person authorised to drive it, an emailed copy of the registration, certificate of insurance and identification for the driver.
We won't release a vehicle from the pound until we have seen all the required documents and have received full payment for the PCN, removal charge and any storage fee incurred.
We will dispose of any unclaimed vehicles and property left in them.
- Unit 1 Waltham Park Way, Billet Road, London E17 5DU
Please note: if your vehicle was taken to the previous car pound location at Orbital Business Park before 15 September 2021, it will have now been transferred to the new location.
Tel: 0330 135 8949 (calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes)
The following charges will apply:
- Removal release fee: £200
- Storage per day: £40
Higher Rate Parking Ticket (PCN):
- Band A: £65 (discounted)
- Band B: £40 (discounted)
Please see our Parking Charges page for an explanation of the PCN charges.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required