Important information regarding resident permit renewals: following the recent permit price changes (implemented on 3 April 2018), all residents renewing their permits have to re-apply as if they are a new applicant. We apologise for the inconvenience.
The European Blue Badge
The European Blue Badge is a parking permit that gives free parking to people with sight impairments and people with severe walking difficulties - allowing holders to park their car closer to destinations such as shops and stations.
All Blue Badges are valid for a period of three years.
To see if you are eligible please read the criteria guidance below to decide which of these applies to you and what you will need to provide - also take note of what is required as proof of address and identity.
|Disability Living Allowance (DLA) / Personal Independence Payment (PIP)|
|War pensioner's mobility supplement|
|Severe upper limb disability (affecting steering wheel turn)|
If you do not meet automatic criteria than please note the following:
- If you have a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability or very considerable difficulty in walking you will be required to attend a mobility assessment with the Integrated Community Therapy team. Please bring medical documents relating to your disability
- We no longer request medical reports directly from the GP
Proof of address and identity
This can be a photocopy of one of the following:
|Proof of address|
|Proof of identity|
Download print and complete the Blue European Parking Badge Application Form (PDF, 525KB).
- We will assess completed applications and let you know the outcome within 30 working days of receiving all parts of your application form
- If we need more information about your health or disability, we may ask you to request this from your GP or a medical practitioner
- If your application is unsuccessful, we will write to you with the reasons for our decision and provide details about how you can appeal
- We will consider appeals against unsuccessful applications within 20 working days
You will need to return the Blue Badge and clock to Concessionary Travel, PO Box 55290, N22 9GA - with a cover letter, passport photo of the badge holder and enclose a cheque or postal order for £10 made payable to the 'London Borough of Haringey'.
Upon receiving your documents you will receive your new Badge within 10 working days.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required