Spurs stadium test events on 24 and 30 March - local residents will need a parking permit.
Important information regarding resident permit renewals: following permit price changes implemented on 3 April 2018, all residents renewing their permits have to re-apply as if they are a new applicant.
Companion Badge Parking Permit
- How can I apply for a Companion Badge?
- Changing your vehicle
- Change of Address
- Where does the scheme not apply?
This is a scheme to tackle the theft of blue badges from disabled drivers’ vehicles when parked outside their home.
To tackle this problem Haringey has introduced the Companion Badge. The Companion Badge incorporates the vehicle registration number so that it cannot be used on any other vehicle, and is therefore of no value to anyone other than the legitimate holder.
The Companion Badge does not replace the blue badge and can be used 24 hours a day and is valid for the life of the blue badge. The Companion Badge cannot be used anywhere outside the borough.
You can apply for a Companion Badge if:
- You hold a valid disabled blue badge and live in Haringey
- Your permanent home address is within the boundary of a parking zone
- You must regularly reside at that address and have continuous residence there
- You must be able to designate only one vehicle to register with the Companion Badge
- The vehicle registration document (V5-Logbook) must be registered to your address
Your vehicle must:
- Have a V5 registration document (formerly known as a logbook)
- Be a passenger vehicle built or adapted to carry 8 passengers or fewer, not including the driver
You must also provide proof of address:
This must be no older than 3 months and can be any of the following:
- Residential Utility Bill
- Council tax account number
- HM Revenue letter
Third party applicants
A third party can apply for a Companion Badge on behalf of a Blue Badge holder. However, the person must live at the same address as the Blue Badge holder, and the vehicle they are applying for the Companion Badge for must be registered at the Blue Badge holder's home address. You must provide satisfactory proof that this is a permanent arrangement.
- Download and print the application form, and return it to the address below: Companion Badge application form (PDF, 27KB)
- If you require further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively telephone 020 8489 1000
Return completed application form by post to:
- PO Box 55290
London Borough of Haringey
If you change your vehicle please send a copy of the completed Companion Badge application form, your new vehicle's V5c (formerly known as a logbook), or in cases where a vehicle has been issued by Motability, send a copy of the motor insurance certificate, the old Companion Badge. You will also need to send a cheque or postal order made payable to the London Borough of Haringey - see the Permits Price List page for the current cost.
- PO Box 55290
London Borough of Haringey
We aim to issue your replacement permit within five working days.
If you change your address within Haringey please notify Concessionary Travel so we can amend our records. You will need to provide proof of residence at your new address. There will be no need to change your Companion Badge.
If you move out of Haringey or dispose of your vehicle, the Companion Badge must be returned to Concessionary Travel immediately.
If you are unable to supply any of the documents specified above, or if you are unsure of your entitlement to a Companion Badge please email email@example.com or alternatively telephone 020 8489 1000 for further advice before you make your application.
There is an administration charge to replace your companion badge if it is lost or stolen or damaged.
If a replacement Companion badge is required (for example when a new vehicle is acquired) , the administration charge will have to be paid prior to the issuance of a new permit.
The badge will be issued for a maximum of three years, to coincide with the same expiry date as your blue badge. Payments can only be made by cheque or postal order.
The scheme does not apply outside the London Borough of Haringey and in the following parking areas:
- where parking restrictions are in operation
- in a suspended bay
- where parking causes obstruction
- in any parking place reserved for specific users eg doctors or traders