About CPZ resident visitor voucher permits
- Do I need a visitor permit?
- Creating a permit account and qualifying as a resident
- How to buy and activate virtual visitor voucher permits
- Further help
- Terms and Conditions
Resident visitor voucher permits allow visitors to park near your home if you live in a controlled parking zone (CPZ) in Haringey.
Resident visitor voucher permits are valid in:
- resident permit holder-only bays
- permit holders or shared use bays (shared residents permit holders and pay by phone bays)
If you’re a landlord of a property and not living in it, you need to apply for a Permission to Park permit to allow you or somebody working on your behalf to park near the property. Find out more on the Permission to Park permits page.
Before you can buy and use virtual visitor voucher permits, you will need to create an online permit account and qualify as a resident.
If you wish to buy vouchers at a concessionary rate, you will need to first qualify as a resident and then qualify for the concessionary rate.
If you’re registered to vote or pay council tax, we will attempt to validate your residency automatically.
If the automatic validation is not successful, you will need to upload one of these residency proofs. Your application for resident qualification will need to be approved and this may take up to ten days.
- a signed assured shorthold tenancy, or the letter of completion from your solicitor in which they confirm the property is for your residency only
- a letter from HM Revenues or the Department of Work and Pensions, signed and recently dated, showing your address
- a signed housing association or council tenancy agreement for your current address
- a driving licence photo card showing your address within the CPZ
Once you’ve qualified, you will be able to buy and use virtual visitor voucher permits.
Once you have created an account and qualified as a resident, you will be able to select and buy up to nine hourly or daily vouchers in one transaction.
To use your vouchers in your online permit account:
- Select the type of voucher to activate – hourly or daily
- Enter your visitor’s vehicle registration number
- Select the date (and enter the start time if using an hourly voucher)
- You can change the date and time of your vouchers by using the clock and calendar icons or by typing in your preferred times
- Activate the voucher by clicking on the 'Activate' button, filling in the car registration, location and time details and clicking on the 'Activate' button
- If you no longer need the visitor permit, it can be deactivated by using the 'Deactivate' button, before the permit is due to start
Once activated the vehicle will have a valid virtual permit for the date and duration you selected.
You can only have two concurrent daily visitor voucher permits active at one time. If you require further visitor parking, you will need to activate hourly parking.
Hourly visitor parking permits are not available in the Tottenham Event Day Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) because events taking place at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium are longer than an hour.
For residents who may not be able to apply online, please contact Customer Services on 020 8489 1000 to enquire about Haringey’s assisted digital service and other application options, including any reasonable adjustments the council may need to make for you.
If you need more help with your parking permit, see our booklet Your new Parking Permit: a guide to your new Virtual Parking Permit (PDF, 209KB)
There's also videos available, demonstrating how to use the parking permit system.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required