About Visitors Parking Permits
Important notice about visitor permits with a 2020 expiry date
We have agreed to allow the use of visitors permits expiring at the end of 2020 for a further 6 months.
This means that you can use expired visitor permits until the end of June 2021. You will no longer need to return these to us to exchange for new vouchers.
Important: when using 2020 visitors permits, please make sure that you scratch off the correct date and arrival time on the permit. You do not need to scratch off the year.
We will review the situation in June and hopefully resume normal arrangements.
- Who qualifies
- How to apply
- Terms and conditions
- Permit prices
- Concessionary rate permit requests
- How to use your visitor permit
- Fraud prevention
To be eligible to buy a short stay visitor permit you must be a resident in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) and be aged 18 or over.
Please note that:
- Currently the maximum number of visitor vouchers you can apply for is 40. This limit is being introduced to ensure that that we can respond swiftly to all permit applications at time when we are experiencing significant pressure upon customer services, as a consequence of COVID-19
- If you are a landlord of a property and not residing in it, you are not eligible to buy visitors permits. You can however, apply for a Trader's Permit to allow you to park near the property. See details on the Trader's Permits page
Our quick and easy tool will help you to register and apply for visitor permits online:
Apply by post
Download the Resident and Visitor Parking Permit application form (PDF, 128KB) and post the completed form and supporting documents to:
- London Borough of Haringey
PO Box 55235
We aim to process your visitor permit application within 5 working days (from the date we received it). If you have not received your permits after this time, please contact us and we will look into the matter further.
For those who are unable to apply online or by post, please call 020 8489 1000 and we will handle your application over the phone.
- We only accept applications from residents
- Permits are for residential use only to allow parking within a Controlled Parking Zone during the operating hours of the CPZ
- Permits are non-transferable
- Residents and guests are responsible for checking the operating hours of the CPZ
- Permits are not valid when a parking suspension is in force for where the vehicle is parked
- Permits are only valid in:
- Residents Permit Holders Only Bays
- Permit Holders or Shared Use Bays (eg Residents Permit Holders and Pay by Phone Only Bays)
- Permits are not valid in:
- Pay by Phone Only Bays
- Business Only Bays
- Any other specific use bays
- Permits must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of the vehicle
- Residents and guests are responsible for correctly scratching the panels that are relevant to the date, time and year you are using the permit for
- A permit may be withdrawn or cancelled if it is not used in accordance with these terms and conditions (under these circumstances you will not be entitled to any refund)
- If you are visiting someone who lives in a CPZ area, you can ask him or her to give you one of their visitor parking permits (if they have any). Please take time to read the conditions of use printed on the back of the voucher.
- If you are not visiting a particular resident you cannot get a visitor’s parking permit and you should not pay another person to use a resident visitor permit.
- However, you can buy a pay by phone parking session from a pay by phone machine and park in a pay by phone bay or shared use bay for up to two hours. You must buy a session that is valid for the whole of the time you wish to park.
- Once you have bought the session you cannot put more money in the machine to buy extra time. You must leave the bay when your time is up, otherwise a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued.
Visit the permit prices list to find information on standard and concessionary visitor permit prices:
To be eligible for our concessionary visitor permits, you will also need to confirm if you are aged 65 or over, or registered disabled and provide proof to reflect this. This could be a copy of the following:
- Age criteria:
- Birth certificate
- Drivers license
- Disabled Persons Freedom Pass or Blue Badge
- Disability criteria:
- Letter from Department for Work and Pensions that states that the residents are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance.
- For those registered blind (severely sight impaired), we would need to see a copy of the CVI certificate.
See our Permits price list page for details on concessionary rates for visitor permits.
Visitor permits may only be given to those calling at the permit holder's address. It is the householder's responsibility to ensure that their permit is retrieved from a visitor's vehicle at the end of their stay. All permits must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of the vehicle.
Please note that visitor permits are not valid when a suspension is in force for where the vehicle is parked. Parking places are suspended by us and on occasions the Police. Suspension notices are displayed within parking places where existing signs advise what type of bay it is and who may park there.
Each time you park or drive away your vehicle it is recommended that you check for displayed yellow suspension signs. These yellow suspension signs will have clearly displayed information advising of the start and end dates for a suspension. Vehicles may not park on the dates the suspension is in force and within the area specified on the suspension sign. Any vehicles parked in a suspended parking place may be issued a penalty notice and if necessary removed to our car pound.
We have a duty to protect public funds. The information you provide may be used for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for fraud prevention and detection purposes.
For further information contact:
Data Protection Officer
Feedback and Information Team
River Park House
225 High Road
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required