Current Parking Consultations
Have Your Say
To comment on any of our parking consultations please complete our online feedback form:
Consultation on amendments to parking charges and permits
This consultation closed on Wednesday 24 June and we are now analysing the results. For those that responded, we would like to thank you for taking part in the consultation.
The next steps will be presenting the outcome of the consultation to Cabinet later this year where Members will consider the comments and decide how to proceed. We will contact permit holders once a decision has been made.
The proposed changes were as follows::
- Parking permits - a £10 increase across all existing parking permits to support the significant costs of running, maintaining and enforcing our parking infrastructure
- Additional parking permits - A £50 surcharge on second and subsequent permits to reduce car ownership, promote active travel and more sustainable modes of travel
- Diesel fuelled vehicles - An £80 surcharge for diesel fuelled vehicles to highlight the impact of diesel emissions on local air quality and influence cleaner future vehicle choices
- On-street pay-to-park and off-street car parks - a 25% diesel surcharge to on-street pay-to-park areas and off-street car parks to discourage short trips within the borough
- Visitor permits - households would be limited to use no more than two daily visitor permits at any one time. Daily visitor permits would increase to £4 across all CPZ areas. A concessionary rate discount of 50% will be applied to the visitor permit charge for those aged 65 or over, or if registered disabled
- Disabled Blue Badge Holders - a free residential permit for Disabled Blue Badge Holders to replace the companion badge scheme and the requirement to display that permit
- Administration Fee for parking permit refunds - the council is proposing a £20 administration fee on processing parking permit refunds. It is also proposed that visitor scratch cards shall become non-refundable
The supporting traffic management orders that detail these proposed changes can be viewed at our List of Traffic Management Orders Page.
If the proposed changes are agreed by the council in September 2020, the new prices would be introduced in November 2020.
Further details and frequently asked questions
More details about the proposals, and answers to some common questions, are available here:
Tottenham Event Day (TED and TGED) Parking - Public Consultation
- TED and TGED - Public Consultation Summary (PDF, 281KB)
- TED and TGED - Public Consultation Letter (PDF, 38KB)
- Event Day Area Map (PDF, 6MB)
Fortis Green North Area Consultation
- Fortis Green North Possible CPZ - Public Consultation Analysis, 4 March 2020 (PDF, 336KB)
- Fortis Green North Area - Public Consultation (PDF, 76KB)
- Haringey Controlled Parking Zone Review (PDF, 105KB)
- Fortis Green Area - Draft Consultation Plan (PDF, 6MB)
- CPZs and how they operate (PDF, 20KB)
Muswell Hill Area Consultation
- Muswell Hill Town Centre Possible CPZ - Consultation Report (PDF, 216KB)
- Muswell Hill CPZ - Draft Consultation Leaflet (PDF, 74KB)
- Haringey Controlled Parking Zone - 2 Hour Review (PDF, 106KB)
- Muswell Hill Area CPZ - Consultation Plan (PDF, 9MB)
- CPZs and how they operate (PDF, 20KB)
Seven Sisters CPZ Extension
- Seven Sisters CPZ Extension - Statutory Consultation Residents Views (PDF, 344KB)
- Seven Sisters CPZ Extension - Detailed Design (PDF, 3MB)
- Seven Sisters CPZ Extension - Statutory Consultation Area Map (PDF, 7MB)
- Seven Sisters CPZ Extension - Statutory Consultation DA Report
White Hart Lane possible extension
Tottenham Event Day: Possible full time Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ)
South Tottenham: Possible Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ)
In September 2019 we asked local residents and businesses for their views on whether parking controls are needed in defined roads in South Tottenham.
The majority of respondents voted in favour of parking controls. Permissions have been granted to move the scheme to the statutory consultation stage. This will take place after the general election.
South Tottenham CPZ Statutory Consultation
- South Tottenham CPZ - Statutory Consultation letter (PDF 357KB)
- South Tottenham CPZ - NOP Detailed Design (PDF, 3MB)
- South Tottenham CPZ - Statutory Consultation area map (PDF, 7MB)
- South Tottenham CPZ - Statutory Consultation DA Report
- Report of the outcome to the informal consultation into proposed parking controls in the South Tottenham area (PDF, 5MB)
Below is the informal consultation document:
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required