Below are the winners from the 2017 Outstanding for All Awards held at Alexandra Palace 27 November 2017.
Teacher of the Year Award
To recognise an outstanding school teacher in Haringey who goes the extra mile to engage and inspire all children and young people to reach their full potential.
- Winner: Jane Daly, Blanche Nevile School for Deaf Children
- Shortlisted Nominees: Cameron Taylor, Rhodes Avenue Primary School and Jo Bartlett, Stroud Green Primary School
Early Years Champion Award
To recognise excellent support for children and the wider family at the pre-school stage, spanning children’s centres, health, childcare and community services.
- Winner: Sue Moss, Pembury House Nursery
- Shortlisted Nominees: Claire Cheater, St Paul’s Catholic Primary School and Palak Shah, North Harringay Primary School
Support Staff of the Year Award
To recognise an outstanding member of support staff in early years, primary, secondary or post-16 level.
- Winner: Katy Whitney, Highgate Primary School
- Shortlisted Nominees: Veronica Bielby, Highgate Wood School and Support Staff Team, West Green Primary School
Community Hero Award
To recognise students or staff who go out of their way to help others in their community.
- Winner: Sam Hadfield, Site Manager, St Aidan’s VC Primary School
- Shortlisted Nominees: Tayla-Rae Jones-Skerritt, Woodside High School and Lucy Loizou, Stroud Green Primary School
Outstanding STEM Achievement Award – Primary
To recognise primary school student(s) who have undertaken outstanding projects in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) related areas.
- Winner: Teddy Bear Launch Team, St Pauls Catholic Primary School
- Shortlisted Nominees: Henry Hammond, Alexandra Park School
Outstanding STEM Achievement Award – Secondary
To recognise secondary school student(s) who have undertaken outstanding projects in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) related areas.
- Winner: Girls Making a Global Difference, Woodside High School
- Shortlisted Nominees: TeamTech Girls, Woodside High School
Achievement in the Arts Award
To recognise a young person or group excelling in an art form, including visual arts, the performing arts or music.
- Winner: Jackie Lee, Greig City Academy
- Shortlisted Nominees: Hornsey School for Girls Jazz Dance Group and Mario Tacarelli, Woodside High School
Achievement in Sports Award
To recognise individual, team or school achievement in a sport or outdoor activity demonstrating sportsmanship and commitment.
- Winner: Haringey District Girls’ Football Club
- Shortlisted Nominees: Brianne Pinkney, Woodside High School and Philip Campbell, Coleridge Primary School
Apprentice of the Year Award
This new category recognises the evolving face of education in Haringey, and the growth in post-16 opportunities for the borough’s young people.
- Winner: Ishen Stewart-Dowding, Haringey Council Smarter Travel
Overcoming Adversity Award
To recognise a student who has overcome a personal challenge and achieved success at school.
- Winner: Martin Mendonca, West Green Primary School
- Shortlisted Nominees: Jaoa (Jonny) do Nascimento, Earlham Primary School and Adrian Orellana Chavez, Risley Avenue Primary School
Governor of the Year Award
To recognise the important contribution made by school governors to improving education in Haringey.
- Winner: Conrad Plentie, Risley Avenue Primary School
- Shortlisted Nominees: Elaine Carr, St Martin of Porres RC Primary School and Simon Lister, North Harringay Primary School
The Councillor Egan Achievement Award
To recognise the exceptional work or achievement in the field of education, spanning primary and secondary schools, open to teachers and pupils. This award is named after the late Woodside Councillor, Pat Egan.
- Winner: Jon Holt, Greig City Academy
- Shortlisted Nominees: Cal Shaw, Stroud Green Primary School
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required