Warning to ticket touts and litter louts ahead of festival
Ticket touts and litter louts beware, officers from Haringey, Hackney and Islington Councils will be on the lookout for mischief during Wireless Festival.
Wireless 10 – a day of music to celebrate 10 years of Wireless Festival – gets underway on Sunday from 12noon and the festival itself runs from Friday 3 to Sunday 5 July.
The council has worked closely with the Finsbury Park Events Stakeholder Group – made up of local residents, businesses, councillors and officers from Haringey, Hackney and Islington – to plan how it will manage the event and has introduced a number of additional measures, including:
- Extra officers to patrol for litter and anti-social behaviour. Officers from Hackney and Islington Council will also join Haringey’s enforcement team out on the streets.
- Shorter set-up periods
- Better signage and a slightly reduced footprint area
- More stewards and more toilets
A dedicated hotline has been set up for residents to call on event days if they have any complaints. The council’s noise team will also be on hand to monitor noise levels and respond to any concerns. Officers will also be on the look-out for ticket touts and illegal traders.
Access to the vast majority of the park remains open during the festival, including the café and children's play area.
Haringey Council Cabinet Member for Environment Cllr Stuart McNamara said:
“Events at Finsbury Park pay for a wealth of improvements, which ensure that our parks remain pleasant, welcoming and fun places to visit.
“We have worked hard to introduce an even tougher package of measures this year, following feedback from the stakeholder group over the last 18 months.
“These measures will help to ensure that disruption to nearby residents and businesses is kept to an absolute minimum, while concert goers travel safely to and from the park.
“I am particularly pleased at the increased co-ordination between the three boroughs over these events which is good news for local residents.”
- To find out more see the Finsbury Park events page
- Live Nation’s dedicated residents hotline is: 020 7009 3250
- Residents can also contact the council on 020 8489 8232 or out of hours 020 8489 0000