Update: Tottenham Green Pools and Fitness and Marcus Garvey Library and Customer Service Centre – 28 March
Works are ongoing to fix an issue with the electricity supply which has caused the closure of Tottenham Green Pools and Fitness and Marcus Garvey Library and Customer Service Centre.
We are committed to keeping residents informed about our work to get the centre back up and running, and are providing the following update:
- We are pleased to report that, following work by specialist electrical contractors over the past two weeks, the plant room and low voltage transformer is sufficiently dry for power to be safely turned back on.
- UK Power Networks will be arriving on site this week to turn the power back on and test the low voltage system that powers the library, customer service centre, gyms, studios, soft play and nursery.
- Fusion Lifestyle’s facilities management team will then be on site from next Monday (3 April) to conduct a deep cleaning of facilities and get equipment back online, with a view to reopening these services within the next few weeks.
- As reported in last week’s update the pools will remain closed for the foreseeable future due to the highly complex repairs required to the high voltage system they rely on.
- Our libraries service is currently in advanced discussion with the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (CONEL) about opening up 20 additional study spaces for students. We plan for this to be in place in time for the school Easter holidays, as we know that students really value a safe quiet place to study - especially in the run up to GCSE and A level exams. This space is in addition to the new study room at St Ann’s Library.
Cllr Sarah Williams, Cabinet Member for Finance and Local Investment, said:
“I’m very pleased to be able to bring residents the good news that the repairs to the low voltage systems at Tottenham Green are progressing well, and that UK Power Networks will be on site to turn on the power this week. Barring any unforeseen issues, this means the reopening of the library, customer service centre, gyms, studios, soft play and nursery should be just a few weeks away.
“We will continue to work with Fusion to ensure that these works continue to progress, and that all of these vital services can get back up and running at the earliest opportunity.”
How to access services during the closure
For residents who need customer service support, we have increased capacity at Wood Green Customer Service Centre (187-197A High Road, Wood Green, N22 6XD) for the duration of the closure, while residents are also able to access customer services online or by phone on 020 8489 1000.
Marcus Garvey Library users can access library services at nearby St Ann’s Library (Cissbury Road, Tottenham, N15 5PU), which reopened on Monday 6 February following a closure for planned building works, as well as at Coombes Croft Library (High Road, Tottenham, N17 8AG) or online.
Books and other items borrowed from Marcus Garvey Library can be returned to any council-run library in Haringey (find a full list of our libraries by following this link).
Tottenham Green Leisure Centre members can use New River Sport and Fitness (White Hart Lane, N22 5QW), Park Road Pools and Fitness (Park Road, Hornsey, N8 8JN) or other Fusion Lifestyle centres, including those in Enfield. Follow this link for a full list of Fusion Lifestyle centres in north London.
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.