Transforming Haringey: Pioneering plans approved
Haringey is set to benefit from thousands of new homes and jobs and improved public spaces and community facilities after Cabinet agreed last night (Monday 3 July) to set up an innovative development partnership.
The Haringey Development Vehicle (HDV) will bring billions of pounds of investment to the borough through an innovative 50/50 partnership between the council and development partners Lendlease.
The partnership will bring:
- New and improved homes for existing council tenants, with a guaranteed right to return on equivalent terms
- 6,400 new homes – with at least 40 percent affordable
- Thousands of new jobs in a range of industries
- Reinvestment of council profits in local services and further regeneration
- New school facilities for Haringey’s children
- A new health centre
- A transformed town centre for Wood Green
- Investment in schemes such as skills training and community support for local people
- A £20million long-term social investment programme focused on improving local residents’ prospects, health, environment and sense of community involvement
Cllr Alan Strickland, Cabinet Member for Housing, Regeneration and Planning, said:
“We’ve been clear that successful regeneration has to have the best interests of Haringey’s communities at its heart, and that we’re determined to help more Haringey residents live in quality homes in the borough.
“That’s why I’m delighted that the Cabinet have approved this new development partnership, which will enable us to deliver the new homes, jobs and facilities that local people have made it clear they want to see.”
Further information, including previous press releases and a full set of FAQs, is available on the council’s Haringey Development Vehicle pages.
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required