Roadmap for Haringey library services
Haringey Libraries has announced its roadmap for expanding in-person library services, based on the four-step plan set out by the government. Throughout the pandemic, our priority has been keeping customers and staff safe and this will be our continued focus over the coming months.
To ensure people continue to feel safe visiting our libraries, the following Covid-restrictions will remain in place:
● Encourage users to wear a face covering when moving around our library spaces (unless exempt)
● Maintain two metre distance between yourself and others
● Scan the Track and Trace QR code when entering buildings
The rule of 6 (or 2 households) will no longer apply, however we will be monitoring the capacity of our buildings (excluding children & young people.)
During this step, we will continually review our opening hours and service offer with the aim of providing more opportunity for residents to access the library during the summer holidays.
Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) programme 2021:
Children and young people aged 5 to 16 who are eligible for free school meals and their families will be able to access free activities during the summer holidays in our libraries.
Library services available from Monday 19 July:
● No limit on browse time
● Click and collect services for collecting reservations and Ready Reads
● Returning library items
● Access to longer computer sessions
● Access to study spaces and reading areas
● Bookable meeting spaces
● Re-introduce in-person events and activities for bigger groups
Main libraries (Hornsey, Marcus Garvey and Wood Green libraries):
● Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 10am – 4pm
● Tuesday and Thursday: 10am- 6pm
Branch libraries (except Stroud Green and Harringay library):
● Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10am – 4pm
● Midday closure: 12 – 1pm
● Wednesday: 11am – 6pm
● Midday closure: 1 – 2pm
While using our libraries, please follow the ‘hands, face, space’ public health message and comply with the COVID-secure measures that remain in place.
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.