Now easier than ever to access rapid COVID-19 testing in Haringey
All residents across Haringey will be able to access free, rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing twice a week from tomorrow (Friday 9 April).
Rapid testing, using a Lateral Flow Device (LFD), has so far been available to those most at risk and people who need to leave home for work, including frontline NHS workers, care home staff and residents, and households with nursery or school-aged children. Now rapid testing will be offered to everyone, aged 11 years and over, with people encouraged to take regular tests to help prevent outbreaks and help us all get back to a more normal way of life.
One in three people with COVID-19 do not experience any symptoms but may be spreading the virus without knowing it. Since rapid testing was introduced, over 120,000 positive cases that would not have been found otherwise have already been identified by LFDs.
Getting a rapid test is quick and convenient. The expanded regular testing offer for people without symptoms will be delivered through:
• testing on-site at secondary schools and colleges as established since the return to face-to-face learning in March
• workplace testing programmes, on-site or at home if provided by employers
• visiting one of Haringey’s three rapid testing centres where you can get tested or pick up a free LFD home test kit – no booking needed.
1. 48 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TY
2. Tottenham Community Sports Centre, 701-703 High Road, N17 8AD
3. The Transmitter Tower, Alexandra Palace, N22 7AY
• collection of free LFD test kits from one of Haringey’s local PCR test site from 2.30pm to closing time each day:
1. Alexandra Palace, Paddock Car Park, Hornsey Gate, Alexandra Palace Way, N8 7HP
2. Haringey Irish Centre Car Park, Pretoria Road, N17 8DX
3. Stamford Hill Primary School, Berkeley Road, N15 6HD
4. The Chocolate Factory Car Park, Western Road, N22 6XJ
• By ordering a home test kit online (external link)
For details of opening hours and further information on testing in Haringey, please visit www.haringey.gov.uk/COVID-testing
To collect a test kit from any of the community collect locations, you must be aged 18 or older and be without symptoms. You can collect a box of 7 rapid tests to use twice a week at home.
You are advised to get into the habit of testing yourself (using your home test kit) at the same times each week e.g. Sunday and Wednesday evenings, or at a time that’s convenient for you.
If testing at home, you will need to register their results online or by calling 119. You should self-isolate if positive and order a confirmatory PCR test. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 should book a test online or by calling 119.
Dr Will Maimaris, Director of Public Health at Haringey Council said:
“While COVID-19 infection rates in Haringey remain low, rapid testing will be an important tool to help maintain our current low levels and minimise the spread of new cases as lockdown eases.
“As we continue to make good progress on our vaccine programme, regular rapid testing is even more important to make sure those efforts are not wasted so that we can protect the vulnerable and all look forward to getting back to doing what we enjoy.
“Getting into the habit of twice-weekly testing as part of our everyday lives will help us all to play our part and do what we can to keep each other safe.”
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Haringey case numbers
Haringey People Extra