Haringey will remember them
With Remembrance Day (10 November) services taking place across the country this weekend, the Mayor of Haringey, Cllr Sheila Peacock, has called upon residents in the borough to support the Royal British Legion’s (RBL’s) Poppy Appeal.
Money raised from the Poppy Appeal goes towards the RBL’s welfare and benevolent work in supporting those serving, or those that have served, their country, as well as their families.
Poppies and donation boxes can be found on the reception desk of River Park House, High Road, Wood Green and in Haringey libraries.
Cllr Peacock said:
I am very proud to wear a poppy and support the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal.
I hope that Haringey residents will join me in paying tribute to those serving the country on Sunday, as well as honouring the countless servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice and given their lives in service.
Remembrance Sunday services will be taking place across the borough this weekend, including at the following times and locations:
Remembrance Sunday, 10 November
- 10:15am: Hornsey War Memorial, Hornsey Health Centre, Park Road, N8 – Middlesex Regiment Association and Hornsey Cadets will hold a short wreath-laying service at the memorial, followed by am 11am service at St Mary and St George Church on the corner of Cranley Gardens and Park Road.
- 10:45am: Wood Green War Memorial, opposite Haringey Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green.
- 10:45am: Tottenham War Memorial, Tottenham Town Hall, Town Hall Approach Road, Tottenham. This will be preceded by a 9:30am service at Holy Trinity Church, Philip Lane, Tottenham.
- 11am: Highgate War Memorial – Inside the gates at Highgate School. Preceded by a parade from St Michael’s Church.
- 3pm: St Saviours Court, Alexandra Park Road, N22.
- 3:30pm: West Green War Memorial at the junction of West Green Road and Philip Lane N15.
Monday 11 November
- 10:45am: Local schoolchildren, clergy and residents will gather at the War Memorial in the Garden of Remembrance at Tottenham Cemetery, White Hart Lane.
For further information on the Poppy Appeal, or Remembrance Day, visit: www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance (External link).