Haringey residents will boost local renewable energy generation
Haringey residents are coming together to invest in renewables through a group-buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage.
Solar Together London (external link) helps Haringey’s homeowners feel confident that they are paying the right price for a high-quality installation from pre-approved installers.
This innovative scheme builds on three years of the highly successful Solar Together programme that runs across the UK. It has delivered over 3,000 installations to date (including nearly 1,000 in London) and almost 50,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions.
From today (Monday 15 February), Haringey residents can join the group-buying scheme which offers solar panels with optional battery storage, as well as retrofit battery storage for residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate as well as increase their independence from the grid.
It is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation.
Haringey are working in partnership with the Mayor of London, and independent experts iChoosr, to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible.
How does it work?
- From 15 February: Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction on 23 March. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations
- After the auction, registered households will receive a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment
Cllr Kirsten Hearn, Haringey Council’s Cabinet Member for Climate Change, Equalities and Leisure, said:
This is yet another positive step to improve the local environment here in Haringey as we aim to become a net zero carbon borough by 2041.
I’d encourage as many Haringey residents as practically possible to consider installing solar panels via the Solar Together London initiative. It’s free to register your interest in this scheme, and the group-buying element is designed to make the switch to clean, renewable energy far easier and more economical for everyone involved overall.
Marie-Louise Abretti, iChoosr UK Solar Manager, added:
With residents of Haringey looking for opportunities to reduce their carbon emissions, save on energy bills and increase their independence from the grid, the Solar Together group-buying scheme offers a straightforward way to make an informed decision and to access a competitive offer from a trusted, vetted provider.
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Haringey case numbers
Haringey People Extra