Haringey Council sets out ambitious delivery plan for coming year
Building new homes and tackling the climate crisis are among the key actions in a new document outlining Haringey Council’s plans for the next 15 months.
The new Corporate Delivery Plan, approved by the council’s cabinet on Tuesday, sets out how the council will deliver its key priorities for residents between now and April 2024.
There is particular focus throughout on tackling inequality, climate justice and health, as well as incorporating the principles of co-production and improved resident experience outlined in the Haringey Deal.
The Haringey Deal was launched in November 2022, and represents a major commitment by the council to work in partnership with communities to address residents’ priorities.
Key outcomes in the Corporate Delivery Plan include:
- Building more of the high quality and sustainable new homes Haringey residents need, with an average of 1,592 homes built per year.
- Tackling the climate emergency through improving access to low-carbon transportation, planting new trees and improved flood defences.
- Ensuring that more families from underrepresented groups benefit from free childcare entitlements, and more children under 5 who need support with language and communication skills are receiving early support to be confident communicators.
- Making the borough safer for residents and visitors by increasing confidence in the police and making improvements to street lighting.
- Improving access to services and information by launching a new website.
The Corporate Delivery Plan will replace the existing Borough Plan, which ran from 2019 to January 2023. Haringey Council will publish reports every 6 months to keep residents up-to-date with delivery against the key objectives.
Cllr Peray Ahmet, Leader of Haringey Council, said:
“I have been clear since my re-election as leader in May that there are three watch-words for my administration: collaborative, competent and radical. Together with our residents, I want us to build a fairer and greener borough.
“This new Corporate Delivery Plan sets out our to-do list to make this vision a reality for our residents. It builds on the commitments to co-production and developing a different relationship with our residents we made in November when we launched the Haringey Deal.
“We know that our residents are facing a wide variety of challenges, which have been made even more difficult by the ongoing cost of living crisis. Through delivering on this ambitious plan, we hope to do all we can to support our residents through this difficult period and ensure that Haringey remains a wonderful place to live and work.”
Follow this link to read the full Corporate Delivery Plan [pdf]: Corporate Delivery Plan 2022/23 and 2023/24
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.