Haringey coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
You can now exercise with up to five other people from outside of your household after the Government published guidance on the phased return of outdoor sport and recreation in England (external link).
Groups of more than six people from up to two households are also permitted to gather indoors or outdoors, but only if the members of the different households can follow social distancing guidelines.
If not, gatherings of more than six people are only permitted if it is essential for work purposes.
When you want to exercise outdoors, you should always:
• Check in advance the facilities have reopened
• If possible, hand sanitise at intervals if you have to touch communal surfaces.
• Once you are home, remember to wash your hands
• Avoid using shared equipment (EG: racquets and bats)
• If catering facilities are open (for takeaway items), respect social distancing while queuing. Do not share food items, cups, plates or eating utensils with anyone else.
If you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or you are living in a household with somebody who has a suspected or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, please remain at home and refrain from inviting or welcoming visitors round to your household.
You shouldn’t exercise outside your home or garden and exercise with others if you have been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace as you are a contact of a known COVID-19 case. Even if you never get symptoms, you can still spread the virus to others.
The Government has also published guidance on using sports facilities (external link), individual sports (external link) and organising outdoor sport and physical activity events (external link).
There’s also associated public health information for carers and parents (external link) and people who are clinically vulnerable (such as people aged 70 and over) (external link).
On Monday 20th July, Stroud Green & Harringay Library will be reopening for ‘click and collect’ and ‘grab and go’ book collection only. The library’s opening hours will be Monday to Saturday, 10.30am – 2.30pm.
From Monday, it will also be possible to use the computers at Muswell Hill, St Ann’s and Wood Green Libraries. The number of computers available in each library will be limited and customers will be able to use them for up to one hour. All three libraries are also offering ‘click and collect’, ‘grab and go’ and ‘drop box’ services.
• Click and collect – Collect books that have been pre-ordered online or by phone
• Grab & Go – Choose from a selection of books to take away. No browsing permitted
• Drop Boxes – Return books to a designated ‘drop box’ inside the library.
We will provide further updates on the availability of more library services in due course.
Following recent government guidance, Fusion Lifestyle are working on plans for a phased reopening of their leisure centres in Haringey. When they do reopen, there will be a number of temporary changes to the way they operate to ensure they are Covid-secure.
Fusion Lifestyle have announced that Park Road Lido will reopen tomorrow (17 July) with the following measures in place:
• Adult lane swimming only – no sunbathing. All swims pre-booked and paid for online.
• 60-minute sessions (50-minute swim)
• No changing facilities – visitors are asked to come “beach ready”
• Hot showers will be available (reduced number)
• Swimmers are advised not to queue until just before their allocated time
• Swimmers will be asked not to linger and to leave as soon as they have changed
Please ensure to follow social distancing guidance and be respectful of those around you.
Please visit the Park Road Pools and Fitness website for full details and to book.
Other centres will not be reopening just yet. We will share information as soon as it is available.
Note: This text was updated on 16 July. Park Road Lido was initially due to reopen a day earlier. All those with bookings for 16 July have been contacted.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required