Taking contactless payments
As a society we are using cash less and less. Football stadiums, London buses, many outdoor events and more no longer accept cash payments.
To help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), businesses and the public have been advised to reduce the amount of hand to hand contact made through cash payments and move to card/contactless payments.
There are a large number of contactless payment products and to support business owners and we have compiled a short list of potential options. We are not endorsing these products and recommend that you look in detail at all the options available to help inform any purchase decision.
- Accepts chip and PIN, contactless payments, and mobile payments including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- Works in conjunction with the iZettle App
- Connects to your device via Low Energy Bluetooth
- Transactions made by contactless cards below £30 are approved within seconds
- Charges battery via USB cable or through the dock (purchased separately). Charge time: one-two hours
- Battery lasts for up to eight hours or 100 transactions
For more information visit iZettle (external link).
- Square lets you take chip and PIN cards, contactless cards and other mobile payment
- Accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- See deposits in your bank account as soon as the next business day
- Includes a free point-of-sale app (Works on Apple and Android devices including both smartphones and tablets)
- Option to save cards on file
- Can also be used to sell online, by phone and collect payments via invoices
- Battery lasts all day
For more information visit Square (external link).
- Accept all debit and credit cards
- Pay with tap of their card or their phone (contactless), Chip & PIN or magnetic swipe
- No fixed monthly costs
- 100% online application with no contract and no paperwork
- Card reader connects via Bluetooth and is compatible with iOS / Android phones and tablet
- Make up to 500 transactions on a single charge (Sum Up Air)
For more information visit Sum Up (external link).
- Offer a range of machines from the GO to the N5
- Eco-friendly and paper-free
- Colourful LCD display & powerful battery
- One-year warranty
- MyPOS Account
- MyPOS Business Debit Card
- Free DATA card
For more information visit MyPOS (external link).
- Accept card and contactless payments without monthly fees
- Payments reach your PayPal account in seconds
- Works with Apple Pay and Android Pay
- UK-based customer support team
- No fixed term commitment
For more information visit PayPal Here (external link).
- A secure Chip & PIN solution from the UK’s leading card payments company
- Works with iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets
- Take payments face-to-face or over the phone
- Instant issue receipts via email or SMS
- Keypad comes with a 12-month warranty
For more information visit WorldPay Zinc (external link).
- No credit card reader required
- 0% per card transaction option (roll onto customer bill)
- Create professional customised invoices
- Send paperless quotes to customers and get them accepted in one click
- Accept Visa, Mastercard and Amex and other international cards
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required