COVID-Safe Business Campaign
Supporting businesses to operate in a COVID-safe way
As we continue to experience the difficulties brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to support businesses to operate in a COVID-safe way.
We have created the COVID-Safe Business Campaign to do just this. By completing the COVID-Safe questionnaire, you will be declaring that you are following government guidance to operate within safe parameters with regards to protecting your customers and staff. If you meet all the criteria, you will be sent a personalised COVID-Safe Business poster, which you can display on your premises, providing extra confidence to your customers.
To register, business premises or venues must:
- declare compliance to a range of measures including:
- undertaking a comprehensive COVID-19 risk assessment
- putting in place appropriate controls
- training staff so they adhere to COVID-19 control measures
- complying with government and industry guidance to operate safely
- declare that they will keep up to date with that guidance and advice.
Each month, we will publish the names of all businesses who have successfully registered on the council’s website, on social media and in the Haringey Business Bulletin, helping you to get the message to customers that you are operating in a COVID-Safe manner.
The following websites will help you understand which measures you should have in place:
- Government guidance on working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) (external link)
- Making your workplace COVID-secure during the coronavirus pandemic (external link)
Get your COVID-Safe Business poster
Complete the COVID-Safe questionnaire to get your personalised COVID-Safe Business poster:
Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automatic email response, which will include your personalised poster if you are successful.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required