Taking contactless payments
As a society we are using cash less and less. Football stadiums, London buses, many outdoor events and more no longer accept cash payments.
To help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), businesses and the public have been advised to reduce the amount of hand to hand contact made through cash payments and move to card/contactless payments.
There are a large number of contactless payment products and to support business owners and we have compiled a short list of potential options. We are not endorsing these products and recommend that you look in detail at all the options available to help inform any purchase decision.
- Accepts chip and PIN, contactless payments, and mobile payments including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- Works in conjunction with the iZettle App
- Connects to your device via Low Energy Bluetooth
- Transactions made by contactless cards below £30 are approved within seconds
- Charges battery via USB cable or through the dock (purchased separately). Charge time: one-two hours
- Battery lasts for up to eight hours or 100 transactions
For more information visit iZettle (external link).
- Square lets you take chip and PIN cards, contactless cards and other mobile payment
- Accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- See deposits in your bank account as soon as the next business day
- Includes a free point-of-sale app (Works on Apple and Android devices including both smartphones and tablets)
- Option to save cards on file
- Can also be used to sell online, by phone and collect payments via invoices
- Battery lasts all day
For more information visit Square (external link).
- Accept all debit and credit cards
- Pay with tap of their card or their phone (contactless), Chip & PIN or magnetic swipe
- No fixed monthly costs
- 100% online application with no contract and no paperwork
- Card reader connects via Bluetooth and is compatible with iOS / Android phones and tablet
- Make up to 500 transactions on a single charge (Sum Up Air)
For more information visit Sum Up (external link).
- Offer a range of machines from the GO to the N5
- Eco-friendly and paper-free
- Colourful LCD display & powerful battery
- One-year warranty
- MyPOS Account
- MyPOS Business Debit Card
- Free DATA card
For more information visit MyPOS (external link).
- Accept card and contactless payments without monthly fees
- Payments reach your PayPal account in seconds
- Works with Apple Pay and Android Pay
- UK-based customer support team
- No fixed term commitment
For more information visit PayPal Here (external link).
- A secure Chip & PIN solution from the UK’s leading card payments company
- Works with iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets
- Take payments face-to-face or over the phone
- Instant issue receipts via email or SMS
- Keypad comes with a 12-month warranty
For more information visit WorldPay Zinc (external link).
- No credit card reader required
- 0% per card transaction option (roll onto customer bill)
- Create professional customised invoices
- Send paperless quotes to customers and get them accepted in one click
- Accept Visa, Mastercard and Amex and other international cards
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required