Priority 2 - People
Our vision is a Haringey where strong families, strong networks and strong communities nurture all residents to live well and achieve their potential
Helping early, before problems become entrenched, means us all working differently alongside our communities, responding to early warning signs that individuals or families may need help wherever people come into contact with us.
The People priority brings different areas together where we are tackling problems which cut across different parts of the public and voluntary sectors. It encompasses our work to achieve the following outcomes for our residents and communities:
- Best start in life: the first few years of every child’s life will give them the long-term foundations to thrive
- Happy childhood: all children across the borough will be happy and healthy as they grow up, feeling safe and secure in their family, networks and communities
- Every young person, whatever their background, has a pathway to success for the future
- All adults are able to live healthy and fulfilling lives, with dignity, staying active and connected in their communities
- Strong communities where people look out for and care for one another
Listening to residents and the community to understand their needs and aspirations is the starting point for working out solutions to the challenges residents and families face. It is through this creativity and working together that we will all achieve our vision for people: a Haringey where strong families, strong networks and strong communities nurture all residents to achieve their potential.
More about the Borough Plan
You can see the full vision and plans in the Borough Plan 2019-23 (PDF, 2MB).
Housing | People | Place | Economy | Your Council
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required