Borough Plan 2019-2023 - Consultation
We are currently consulting on our draft Borough Plan. The draft Borough Plan sets out our proposed priorities for Haringey. These priorities have been developed following significant engagement with residents and partners, including:
- A large Residents’ Survey of 1,900 local people
- Two Borough Partners events, each bringing together over 100 local community organisations, businesses and public sector partners
- A staff conference reaching 1,600 staff
- A wide range of smaller workshops and discussions
The priorities set out are underpinned by evidence, a summary of which is published in the State of the Borough evidence pack.
The Borough Plan sets out a proposed set of outcomes and objectives - and an illustration of the actions that the council will undertake to achieve them. It also talks about some of the ways we want the council to work in order to support these objectives, through having good customer services, staff with the right skills and a focus on value for money.
The Borough Plan Priorities are:
- Housing - a safe, stable and affordable home for everyone, whatever their circumstances
- People - our vision is a Haringey where strong families, strong networks and strong communities nurture all residents to live well and achieve their potential
- Place - a place with strong, resilient and connected communities where people can lead active and healthy lives in an environment that is safe, clean and green
- Economy - a growing economy which provides opportunities for all our residents and supports our businesses to thrive
- Your Council - the way the council works
We’ve also published draft Equality Principles, Partner Statements and Key Pledges for our relationships with Residents, Business and the Voluntary and Community Sector.
But, of course, the Council is not able to deliver the Borough Plan on its own. On almost every issue - from making our streets cleaner, to reducing loneliness, to tackling air pollution, or violent crime - we need to work in partnership with our communities and partner organisations to achieve change. The actions undertaken by the council are only part of the picture. We can make resources go further when we all pull in the same direction, and by reducing duplication. We can provide better support, through a more joined up offer. We need to do better at making sure the local system is easy to navigate and working as a whole.
Our aspiration is for the Borough Plan to be a joint plan for the council and all of its partners. We recognise that it will take time to reach this point, and that we are at the start of the journey. However, we hope that working with our partners on the development of this plan will move us a few steps forward towards a set of genuinely shared priorities and a joined up approach to achieving them.
Please take a look at the Draft Borough Plan 2019-2023 (PDF, 2MB), and tell us what you think below.
We are now consulting on the Borough Plan - the consultation will run until 11 December 2018. Use the online form below to have your say. Copies of the Plan and consultation document are available in all libraries.
We look forward to hearing your views.
Survey closes on 11 December 2018
If you would like to contact the team managing the consultation or request a version of the BP in your own language please email email@example.com, providing your full name, contact details and the language you want to request. Please note although we will try to meet your requirements, sometimes this may not always be possible.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required