Pay Policy Statement
The Localism Act 2011 requires relevant authorities to prepare and publish an annual Pay Policy Statement which outlines the local authority’s approach to the pay of its workforce and in particular the pay of its senior staff.
This page and the documents and links provide information about the council’s pay policy.
The council will publish specific information on the pay and reward of senior staff earning more than £50,000 on its website in line with the Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities on Data Transparency and the accounts Audit regulations 2011.
More information about senior staff pay is given in the Statement of Accounts. You can find a structure chart for the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team in the Local Democracy section.
The council is obliged to publish a pay multiple, this is the ratio between the highest-paid salary and the median average salary figure for all employees in the council. You can find this information in our Pay Policy Statement.
Data effective at March 2021
- Pay Policy Statement 2021/2022 (PDF, 155KB)
- Senior Manager pay bands 2021 (PDF, 92KB)
- Senior Staff List 2020/21 (PDF, 25KB)
- Estimate of Trade Union Costs 2020/21 (PDF, 18KB)
Data effective at March 2020
- Pay Policy Statement 2020-21 (PDF, 138KB)
- Senior Manager pay bands - 2019 (PDF, 26KB) - 2020 to follow
- Senior staff pay grades (PDF, 109KB)
- Organisation details (PDF, 132KB)
- Trade Union - Numbers and Estimated Spend 2019/20 (PDF, 10KB)
Data effective at March 2019
- Pay Policy Statement 2019/20 (PDF, 109KB)
- Senior Manager pay bands - 2019 (PDF, 26KB)
- Organisational Information - top three staff tiers and Senior Manager Renumeration - March 2019 (PDF, 56KB)
- Trade Union Facility Time Central Function and Education Function 2018/19 (PDF, 26KB)
Data effective at March 2018
- Full Council - Pay Policy Statement 2018/19 (PDF, 495KB)
- Senior Salaries Pay Bands - April 2018 (PDF, 44KB)
- Organisational Information - top three staff tiers and Senior Remuneration - March 2018 (PDF, 60KB)
- Trade Union Facility Reporting 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 Central Function and Education Function (PDF, 12KB)
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required