Members' Code of Conduct Complaints Process
The Standards Committee assisted by the Monitoring Officer has the responsibility for considering allegations that a member or co-opted member of Haringey Council has failed to comply with the Members' Code of Conduct - the Code (PDF, 321KB).
How to make a complaint
If you want to complain about the conduct of an elected or co-opted member of Haringey Council, you should complete the Complaints form (Word, 72KB) and submit your complaint to:
- John Jones - Interim Monitoring Officer
5th Floor, River Park House
225 High Road
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 8489 4309
What we will do with your complaint
The Monitoring Officer:
- will acknowledge your complaint within five working days
- may ask you for more information
- may ask you to fill in a Complaints form (Word, 72KB), if you have not already done so.
If the Monitoring Officer thinks your complaint does not disclose a breach of the Code, they will:
- inform you of this
- ask you to provide further relevant information
If the Monitoring Officer thinks your complaint may suggest a breach of the Code, they will:
- arrange a meeting of the Standards Committee’s Assessment Sub-Committee
- aim to complete the assessment of the complaint within 30 working days of receiving details
The Monitoring Officer and the Standards Committee Assessment Sub-Committee can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a Member. They will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the Members' Code of Conduct. If you make a complaint about a Member, it must be about why you think he or she has not followed the Code of Conduct.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required