2021 Residents Survey
Fieldwork for the new Residents Survey 2021 commenced in November 2020. Results will be published on this webpage by end of January 2022.
2018 Residents Survey
In early 2018, Haringey Council commissioned market research company BMG Research to conduct a survey of Haringey residents in order to understand more about their lives, attitudes, and feelings about their local areas. BMG Research conducted 1,900 face-to-face interviews with a representative sample of residents from across the borough, and found from these interviews that:
- More than four in five residents are satisfied with their local area as a place to live
- Almost four in five residents feel the borough is a good place to bring up children
- There is a high degree of community cohesion in Haringey, with people from different backgrounds getting on well
- Perceptions of safety are high on average, but vary considerably by neighbourhood
- Work and housing are both key reasons for people moving to the borough and key reasons for people being likely to move away from the borough
- Almost two thirds of residents describe their financial situation as just about managing
The results of the survey provide a better understanding of what matters to our residents, how residents feel, and how the council can improve quality of life and tackle inequality across the borough. The survey findings provide a resource for our partners across the public, private, and voluntary sectors and will form a key part of the evidence base of the council’s strategic plans.
You can download the Residents' Survey 2018 final report below, along with the data tables:
The Residents' Survey and State of the Borough together provide a rich picture of Haringey, and they will both be used in the council’s work to improve the lives of local residents.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required