New electoral arrangements
- Review of polling districts and places
- Publication following the Polling District and Polling Place Consultation
- What we consulted on
A review of the polling districts and polling places was carried out over the summer/autumn of 2021. Full information about this review can be found in the committee report:
The revised polling scheme is available on the List of polling stations page.
This consultation closed on 27 September 2021. Thank you to everyone who responded.
We are required to publish the following as part of the Polling District and Polling Place Review consultation process:
- All correspondence sent to an (Acting) Returning Officer in connection with the review:
- All correspondence sent to any person whom the authority thinks has particular expertise in relation to access to premises or facilities for persons who have different forms of disability:
- All representations made by any person in connection with the review:
- The minutes of any meeting held by the council to consider any revision to the designation of polling districts or polling places within its area as a result of the review:
- Member Working Group Notes:
- Working Group Notes:
- Details of the designation of polling districts and polling places within the local authority area as a result of the review:
- Details of the places where the results of the review have been published:
- The results of the review have been published on the council’s website
The Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) has agreed new wards to take effect in Haringey at the full council elections on 5 May 2022.
The 21 new wards will require a new polling scheme to be in place.
The proposed polling scheme set out:
Polling Districts: A polling district is a geographical area created by dividing parliamentary constituencies. For the proposed local elections, they are divisions of the wards in the borough.
Polling Places: A polling place is the building or area in which the polling stations will be designated. There will only be one polling place proposed for each polling district.
Polling Stations: A polling station is the room or area within the polling place where voting takes place.
To that end a Notice of Holding a Review of Polling Places and Districts (PDF, 70KB) was published on Tuesday 31 August 2021 and a full review of Haringey’s polling districts and polling places was required.
Translations and information in other formats were available on request.
Public drop-in sessions
We held 3 drop-in sessions to discuss the Polling District and Polling Place proposals.
- Thursday 9 September 2021, in the Training Room, Tottenham Green Leisure Centre
- Monday 13 September 2021, in The Family Centre, 145 Park Road
- Wednesday 22 September 2021, in the Woodside Room, George Meehan House
For further help or information, please contact us on:
- Tel: 020 8489 1000
- Email: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can write to the Electoral Registration team at:
- The Electoral Registration Office, George Meehan House, Wood Green N22 8YX