By law, the Electoral Registration Officer is required to undertake an Annual Canvass of all households in the borough every year, to check that the information on the electoral register is as accurate and up-to date-as possible. If requested, it is a legal requirement for residents to confirm details relating to their property.
For the Annual Canvass in 2023, Canvass Communications will be sent out in Haringey between July and November. The information received is used to update the Register of Electors which is published in December.
The aim of the form is to ensure that the electoral register is up to date and to identify any residents who are not registered so that they can be encouraged to do so.
All eligible residents need to be included on the form.
Eligible residents are:
- people who are aged 16 years or over (although they will not be able to vote until they are 18)
- British, Irish or EU citizens, or
- a Commonwealth citizen who has leave to remain in the UK or who does not require leave to remain in the UK
The form allows residents to inform the Haringey Electoral Services office about:
- electors who no longer live in the property
- new residents at the address
- people who will become 18 the following year
- any corrections or changes needed to residents' details.
A form will be sent to every property in the borough with the details of residents currently registered to vote at the property.
For further help or information, please contact us on:
- Tel: 020 8489 1000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to the Electoral Registration team at:
- The Electoral Registration Office, George Meehan House, Wood Green N22 8YX
Terms and conditions | Privacy | Accessibility