About the Council
The council is made up of 57 councillors. Each of the 21 wards that make up the borough has either 2 or 3 councillors, elected by residents every 4 years. The current political composition of the council is:
- Labour - 49 councillors
- Liberal Democrats - 7 councillors
- Independent - 1 councillor
List of Councillors by political party | Find your local councillor | Haringey election results
Currently the Labour Party holds the majority of seats on the council.
- See the Constitution section for information about the responsibilities of Haringey's Councillors and staff in ensuring the council is efficient, transparent and accountable.
Local elections 5 May 2022
- Senior Leadership Team and Chief Executive
- Strategies and policies
- Council budget
- How decisions are made
- Meetings calendar
- Council committees
- Elections and voting
- Members of Parliament (MPs)
- Council Structure Chart (PDF, 492KB)
- Fairness Commission
- State of the Borough
- Residents' Survey
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required