Library news and activities
- Getting Ready for The Libraries Consortium!
- Warm Welcome at Haringey Libraries!
- What's On in Libraries
- Reading Well
- Reading Ahead
Haringey Libraries will be officially joining The Library Consortium (TLC) next month - from late January/February 2023.
TLC is the UK's largest public library network of 23 library authorities across London and the South East!
Joining the consortium means that Haringey library members will soon have access to an additional 7.3 million items of stock and use libraries in any of the other areas that are also part of the consortium.
Other members of TLC are: Barking and Dagenham, Brent, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Essex, Hackney, Hammersmith, Havering, Harrow, Havering, Hounslow, Kingston Upon Thames, Lewisham, Luton, Merton, Newham, Redbridge, Sutton, Surrey, Thurrock, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
The Library Management System will also be upgraded, giving library users easy and accessible ways to use our library services as well as new customer interfaces.
Planned maintenance - 2 to 7 December 2022
In order to make these improvements, we will need to have a planned systems maintenance period from 2 to 7 December 2022.
During this period it will not be possible to make library account queries, renewals and payments online (including via our app), by telephone or in person at our libraries.
See the list below for more information:
- Borrowing and returning items - use the self-service kiosks
- Renewing items - renewals will not possible during this time. Any items due back during the maintenance period will not be liable for overdue fines
- Reservations - reservations cannot be made during the maintenance period
- Payments for outstanding charges - payments cannot be made during the maintenance period
- Account queries - access to My Library Account or the Haringey Library App will not be available. Please note that staff will also not be able to access
- Searching the catalogue - not available during the maintenance period
- Use of computers, wifi and printing - these services will operate as normal
- Printing top-up - you will only be able to pay by card to top up your library card for printing. You can pay with both card and cash at Wood Green and Marcus Garvey libraries
- New joiners - anyone joining the library during the maintenance period will only be able to borrow items. Please speak to a member of staff if you require access to a public computer during the maintenance period
- Downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks - using Libby and BorrowBox will be affected during the maintenance period. We recommend you download any e-content before 2 December
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
Please speak to a member of staff if you need more information.
In Haringey, our libraries and museum have always been safe, warm, and welcoming spaces, and are part of the Haringey Warm Welcome Network.
Haringey Warm Welcome is a growing network of inclusive, warm, and welcoming spaces across the borough that are run by local businesses, organisations, and places of worship. We know that some residents may be finding it hard to keep their homes warm due to rising energy costs, so, these spaces provide a warm, safe place for residents to go, meet new people, and in some cases, get some refreshments, and take part in fun activities.
Hear from Cllr Julie Davies on how libraries are supporting our Warm Welcome initiative and the wide range of amazing activities and facilities on offer in our libraries across Haringey.
Note for iPhone users and Youtube. There is a known bug with iOS and Youtube, Two buttons are read before the player but provide no functionality. We advise that you skip these to access the content.
Find out more about Warm Welcome spaces run by local businesses and community organisations.
See the latest version of our libraries What's On in Libraries November 2022 (PDF, 9.3MB)
You can also search our events and activities using the event search on the activities and events page.
Make sure to follow us on social media to receive details of forthcoming events and news about books and authors.
Reading Well helps you to understand and manage your health and well-being using helpful reading.
The books are chosen by health experts and people living with the conditions covered. People can be recommended a title by a health professional, or they can visit their local library and take a book out for free.
We are delighted to partner with the Reading Agency and bring #ReadingAhead to Haringey Libraries.
Reading Ahead is a reading challenge for young people and adults delivered by libraries and learning settings that asks participants to choose 6 reads. These can be books, magazines, recipes, letters - anything!
Challenge yourself to read and review 6 books that give you pleasure.
Start Your Reading Journey Today!