Haringey Celebrating Sport Awards 2016
The borough's brightest sporting talent took centre stage on Thursday 3 November, at Haringey's Celebrating Sport Awards.
This glitzy event; in its tenth year, took place at Tottenham Green Pools and Fitness with gongs given out in a host of categories.
The awards - backed by the Tottenham Hotspur Football Club; Haringey Sports Development Trust, Tottenham Grammer School Foundation, Fusion Lifestyle and Haringey Council - recognise sporting excellence, top quality coaching, volunteering and performance through 8 categories.
The awards ceremony was hosted by London 2012 Forum Chairman Richard Sumray, with awards handed out by Mayor of Haringey Cllr Ali Gul Ozbek, Tottenham Hotspur FC Spurs footballer Kevin Wimmer and Commonwealth Gymnastics Champion Steve Frew.
This year, the awards went to:
- Volunteer of the Year - Reverse Inclusion Programme (Highgate School)
- Sporting School of the Year - Gladesmore Community School
- Junior Sports Performer/Team of the Year - Flo Donald (Lea Rowing Club)
- Coach of the Year - Adrian Klemens (London Blitz / Dynamic Sports Academy)
- Outstanding Contribution to Sport and Physical Activity - Sharon Austin (Haringey Aquatics)
- Disabled Sport Performer/Team of the Year - The Vale School (Tutor Group 4)
- Sport Performer of the Year: Lucia Leon (Tottenham Hotspur Ladies FC)
- Club of the Year: WeMove Dance Troupe
Cllr Peray Ahmet, Haringey Council cabinet member for environment said:
“Last night’s tremendous event saw us celebrating not just Haringey’s fantastic sportsmen and women, but also the teams of people behind them that make it possible for people in our borough to take part in sport.
“It was great to have the opportunity to celebrate the contribution that sport makes to our borough – from better health to community cohesion and teamwork.
“Congratulations to all the winners and their teams, and thanks for the hard work they do across Haringey.”
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required