Regular exercise contributes to a more active lifestyle which helps keep us healthy. Find out what Haringey and its partners are doing to help people enjoy an active lifestyle.
Follow the links below to find out more about getting healthy and being active:
- Walk, run, cycle
- Dance, exercise and movement
- Outdoor gyms
- Leisure centres
- Activity finder
- One You Haringey/Active for life
- Haringey Walks
We also have activities for particular groups of people:
Take a look at our main Sports and Leisure page if you're looking for inspiration or a particular activity like swimming, basketball or football.
For information on physical activity sessions available for older adults, please see our Active Ageing booklet (PDF, 178KB).
Down Lane Park, Ducketts Common, Finsbury Park, Chestnuts Park, Lordship Rec, Downhills Park, Markfield Park, Somerford Grove N17 and Brunswick Road Open Space N15 all now have an outside gym - free to use for everyone in the community!
- Equipment is easy and safe to use without having a formal induction
- Some of the stations use your own body weight to provide resistance
- Cardiovascular machines to make you puff and pant include Skiers, Cross trainers, Seated rowers and Walkers
- Strength and toning machines include Chest Press, Lats pull down, Shoulder press, Dips/leg raise, Leg press, Pull ups
- Core body machines include Sit up benches, Side skiers, Torso Twist (Obliques), Pull ups
Please note: Down Lane Park has a smaller 10 station gym with: Skier, Cross trainer, Seated rower, Dips/leg raise, Pull ups/Assisted pull ups, Sit up bench, Chest Press, Shoulder press, Lats pull down and Leg press.
- Important! Use of equipment is at your own risk. If you have a medical condition we advise that you consult your doctor prior to use
For more information on any activities:
- Tel: 020 8489 5712
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required