Easter Fun! There is an extensive programme of activities running in Haringey for children and young people during the Easter holidays.
Westbury Avenue, N22.
Previously known as Noel Park.
Green Flag Award
Russell Park was first Awarded a Green Flag Award in 2010 and has retained it ever since.
- Toddler and Junior Play Areas
- Natural Play Area
- Gymnastic equipment
- Toilets onsite (check opening times of the Kiosk)
- Kiosk selling light refreshments and snacks (new for 2020)
- Community food growing areas
- Dog Free Area
About your park
Known formally as Noel Park, Russell Park sits within the Noel Park Estate and Ward. Noel Park is one of the earliest garden suburbs in the world and was designed to provide affordable housing to working class families that wished to move out of the city in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
In 2009 works took place to extensively improve the park and its facilities. This included landscaping work and improved planting.
There is one large building that shares a boundary with park at the corner of Maurice Avenue and Darwin Road. This currently has a private nursery and Noel Park Children's Centre services within. Inside the park grounds, but still part of the building is a Kiosk and toilets which are going to be leased to a resident led organisation, the Noel Park Big Local in 2020.
Supporting further community planting schemes within the park and working closely with the Noel Park Big Local to continue improving the park.
To read more about the management of Russell Park, please read the Russell Park Management Plan 2021 (PDF, 1.42MB)
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Use Parks Responsibly
Please be responsible for your own, and others' safety when using our parks:
- Use parks for exercise only – walk, jog, cycle, dog walking
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell
- Always ensure adequate social distancing
- Outdoor gyms, skateparks and ballcourts are closed
- Playgrounds remain open – please follow guidance when using them
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands when you get home