Hartington Park Consultation
Hartington Park Consultation Improvements
Haringey Council recognises that improvements are needed to Hartington Park to encourage local residents to fully utilise this vital green space. The council has been working in partnership with Groundwork London to provide a much improved facility for all to enjoy.
Groundwork has carried out a number of consultation activities. For a fuller briefing of the consultation results please see the Hartington Park Consultation results document (PDF, 14KB).
Overall priorities for resident and user improvements include:
- Litter Issues
- Improvements to the play area
- New focus to the Central Junction
- Improvements to the corner of Scotland Green and Kemble Road
- New paving at Carbuncle Passage
- Improvements to the ball court
- Lighting for improved security
- Creating a path along the desire line by the play area
Following consultation Groundwork London prepared a Master Plan for park improvements and used this to support fundraising to pay for the desired improvements.
Applications were submitted to external funders with one being successful: The Veolia Environmental Trust, for £38,000. A further £40,000 was allocated by the council using Section 106 money.
Improvements were carried out to Hartington Park during October and November 2014.
The application to improve the playground was not successful this time, and thus improvement here cannot take place until we are able to identify new funding.
- View the Hartington Park Improvement Project Plan (PDF 519KB) here.
For further information, or if you have any questions in relation to the Hartington Park Consultation please submit an enquiry using our parks e-form.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Use Parks Responsibly
Please be responsible for your own, and others' safety when using our parks:
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Stay 2m from other people
- All facilities are open – please follow guidance when using them
- Put your litter in a bin, or take it home
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands when you get home