Coldfall Wood Nature Trail
The Coldfall Wood Nature Trail has been designed for children, but can be just as fun and interesting for adults.
How to do the nature trail
Follow the path shown in the leaflet.
When you reach each numbered post, look to see what fun activity you can do, or what question there is to answer.
You can find everything pictured in the leaflet in the Wood. See how many you can spot.
- Coldfall Wood Trail Leaflet (PDF, 552KB)
- Answers to Coldfall Wood Nature Trail (PDF, 12KB)
- Coldfall Wood Map (PDF, 570KB)
If it has been or is raining, the Wood paths can be muddy and slippery. Wearing wellies and a raincoat are a good idea.
The trail can take a while to complete. So if it’s hot and sunny, take a sun hat and wear sun block.
Pictures to colour in
|Pipistrelle Bat (PDF, 511KB)|
|Speckled Wood Butterfly (PDF, 964KB)|
|Tawny Owl (PDF, 592KB)|
|Wood Anemone (PDF, 437KB)|
|Bat box (PDF, 435KB)|
|Bluebell (PDF, 418KB)|
|Oak Leaf (PDF, 420KB)|
|Sorbus Torminalis (PDF, 450KB)|
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Use Parks Responsibly
Please be responsible for your own, and others' safety when using our parks:
- Use parks for exercise only – walk, jog, cycle, dog walking
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell
- Always ensure adequate social distancing
- Outdoor gyms, skateparks and ballcourts are closed
- Playgrounds remain open – please follow guidance when using them
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands when you get home