Green Flag Award
The Green Flag Award is the national standard for parks and green spaces in England and Wales. The scheme is run by Keep Britain Tidy and recognises the best green spaces in the country, while rewarding excellent standards of park management.
It is also seen as a way of encouraging others to achieve the same high environmental standards, creating a benchmark of excellence.
There are eight criteria which Green Flag Award judges assess parks and open spaces:
- a welcoming place
- healthy, safe and secure
- well maintained and clean
- conservation and heritage
- community involvement
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Use Parks Responsibly
Please be responsible for your own, and others' safety when using our parks:
- Use parks for exercise only – walk, jog, cycle, dog walking
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell
- Always ensure adequate social distancing
- Outdoor gyms, skateparks and ballcourts are closed
- Playgrounds remain open – please follow guidance when using them
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands when you get home