The Conservation Trust (TCV), formerly British Trust for Conservation Volunteers (BTCV) is a charity with a successful history of environmental conservation volunteering through the UK and around the world.
The council has an agreement in place with TCV to provide outreach work to the community, with the aim of improving and developing the borough's green spaces. This includes helping and supporting community groups and volunteers such as Friends, schools and individuals to make the most of the borough's parks and open spaces and make environmental improvements to them.
TCV organise a variety of activities for all ages and abilities focused in and around green space.
- Volunteer conservation workdays - including building dead hedges, coppicing, cutting back invasive plants, pond and path clearance
- Bat walks
- Educational activities held at Railway Fields and in parks
TCV also provide help and support to Friends Groups which include their tool lending scheme and providing competitive public liability insurance through their Community Network initiative.
Working to improve the borough's environment can be a rewarding experience, so if you would like to get involved please contact TCV. Haringey’s TCV outreach officers are based at Railway Fields Local Nature Reserve - a Green Flag winning site.
TCV also provide Green Gyms in some green spaces in the borough. These offer an opportunity to people to get fit whilst improving the environment at the same time. For more information on where and how you can get involved visit the TCV Green Gym website.
To find out more visit the Haringey TCV website (external link) which provides more information on activities taking place including volunteer workdays, see the What's On Guide or call the TCV officers at Railway Fields on 020 8348 6005.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Use Parks Responsibly
Please be responsible for your own, and others' safety when using our parks:
- Use parks for exercise only – walk, jog, cycle, dog walking
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell
- Always ensure adequate social distancing
- Outdoor gyms, skateparks and ballcourts are closed
- Playgrounds remain open – please follow guidance when using them
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands when you get home