Theme 1 - Projects and events
- Total budget available: £10,000
- Up to £500 per bid/project and up to £1,000 per group
Who can apply?
This Theme is open to any group with an existing connection to a park or open space in Haringey, whose specific priority is to improve a park or open space. The group must be formally constituted and have a bank account in the name of the group.
This could include:
- a Friends of Park Group
- community group
- residents’/tenants’ association
Groups can apply for a Small Grant if they:
- have a constitution or set of rules – dated and signed as ‘adopted’ by the group Chair or other senior office holder on behalf of the group
- are a not-for-profit group
- have a bank or building society account which is in the name of the Group
- have an annual income of no more than £15,000 (amount would not include capital funding towards specific projects)
- can spend the grant in the same financial year (April to March) as it has been applied for and awarded
How much can any one group apply for?
Each group can apply for up to £500 for an individual project or event.
A total of £1,000 can be applied for by any one group during the awarding year – this means that a group could apply for two lots of £500 for two projects, or could apply for different amounts for multiple projects, but these must not exceed £1,000 in council contributions, per group in one financial year.
What kind of projects can be paid for?
Money under this Theme is available for groups to bid for to fulfil actions detailed in:
- management plans
- conservation action plans
- community action plans
- pre-agreed aims and aspirations
Many of the parks have a management plan, conservation or community action plan in place showing tasks to be done and detailing collective aims and aspirations held for a particular site. These can be found on the individual parks pages.
Bids could include small physical improvements, practical conservation tasks, or events and activities.
Previous successful projects
Money previously awarded under this theme supported:
- Equipment and tools
- Equipment & tools to carry out maintenance within the park
- Gardening activities
- Clean up projects
- Many one-off events including art and jazz festivals
How to apply?
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Use Parks Responsibly
Please be responsible for your own, and others' safety when using our parks:
- Use parks for exercise only – walk, jog, cycle, dog walking
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell
- Always ensure adequate social distancing
- Outdoor gyms, skateparks and ballcourts are closed
- Playgrounds remain open – please follow guidance when using them
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands when you get home