Steel Yard is returning to Finsbury Park on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 May 2019. Details for residents and park users are outlined below.
- Event dates and times
- Event set up and area
- Park gate closures and parking
- Sound checks
- Surrounding area
- Parking restrictions
- Road closures
- Who to contact
|Saturday 25 May||1pm||1pm||10.30pm||Eric Prydz Pres Holo|
|Sunday 26 May||1pm||1pm||10pm||Carl Cox Presents Space Ibiza|
For more information on the events above, visit the Steel Yard London website (external link)
- Build starts: Monday 13 May
- Site cleared by: Saturday 1 June
- Weekday vehicle curfew: 8.20am to 9am and 3.20pm to 4pm
Haringey Council has worked closely with the organiser to ensure the build has minimal impact on park users and that safety is paramount. Park users are asked to take care when going through the park during this time as there will be lorries and other vehicles coming into the park to facilitate the build of the event space.
The event area will cover the southern Bandstand Field, and storage for event material will use the hard-standing area to the south of the tennis courts and near the netball courts. Public parking will be restricted to the north of the park and will cease on the two event days. All other parts of the park, including all the facilities, are open as normal.
Haringey Council and Festival Republic will be taking every step to ensure that vehicles observe a safe speed limit while moving around the park.
The carriageway from Oxford Road Gate to Finsbury Gate will be separated by fencing to keep pedestrians and cyclist away from construction traffic. Between Finsbury Gate and Hornsey Wood Tavern Gate, trackway will be placed on the grass to act as a temporary walkway as the event space will cross the carriageway.
On event days:
- Oxford Road Gate will close from 6pm, and re-open at dawn when the park is opened the following morning
- Parking within the park carriageway will not be permitted on both event days unless you have a letter of authorisation or are a blue badge holder
- During set up and take down public parking within the park will be restricted to the north of the park
On the day before and on event days, sound checks shall not exceed two hours and will occur in short intervals. These will take place between 4pm to 6pm on Friday 24 May and between 11am to 1pm on Saturday 25 May and Sunday 26 May.
Sound checks will not take place on any other days.
The council will be doing its part to ensure that residents and businesses are caused minimal disruption throughout this period.
Festival Republic and Haringey Council have in place a cleaning programme for the affected areas on event days.
Events that take place in Finsbury Park are very popular and attract large crowds. We would encourage everybody attending the concerts to use public transport. Parking controls are in place to ensure that the lives of our residents are not disrupted by additional traffic. For more on this please see the information below.
The local area will be subject to road closures and traffic diversions on both days when leaving the concert. Similarly passengers alighting at Finsbury Park Tube Station or from First Capital Connect Trains after 10pm on concert days will find their route away from the station affected as there will be no access to Stroud Green Road.
We would ask all event visitors to respect those living and working in the surrounding area, and only use toilets where they are provided.
Important: please ensure you check local signs in case of last minute amendments to parking restrictions.
Additional Event Day parking restrictions will apply in Haringey. Controls will operate from 8.30am to 8.30pm on Saturday 25 May and from 12 noon to 4.30pm on Sunday 26 May within the Haringey Finsbury Park CPZ's. Please see our CPZ pages for more information.
Road closures will be in effect for approximately one hour from 10pm on Saturday 25 May and 9.30pm on Sunday 26 May.
- To ensure the safety of the public leaving the park, road closures will affect Stroud Green Road on both days - from its junction of Tollington Park Road/ Stroud Green Road to the junction of Seven Sisters Road/ Stroud Green Road in its entirety
- Woodstock Road and Perth Road will be No Left Turn
- Traffic in Station Place will be able to exit right as normal away from the road closure heading towards Seven Sisters Road
- Soft closures will operate at both ends of the closure to allow access to businesses, and a hard closure will be in place at the pedestrian crossing where only emergency vehicles will be permitted to come through whilst the Festival Egress Plan is in place
If you have any questions or concerns about the event, you can get in touch using the methods below:
- Call the dedicated resident's line on 020 8396 7727 - this will be open Saturday 25 May, 1pm to 11.30pm and Sunday 26 May, 1pm to 11pm
- Email the organisers at email@example.com
- Email Haringey Park Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the dedicated resident's line on 020 8396 7727 (operation between 1pm to 11.30pm on Saturday 25 May and 1pm to 11pm on Sunday 26 May)
Page Last Updated:
Give us feedback about this page
Park opening and closing times
Our parks are opened at dawn and locked at dusk. These times change depending on the time of year so for more detailed closing times please see our Approximate Park Locking Times (Word, 55KB)