Community and Wireless Festivals
Community Festival and the country’s most popular urban music Festival Wireless are returning to Finsbury Park in 2019. Details for residents and park users are outlined below. More information will be added as the planning of the event progresses.
|Sunday 30 June||11.30am||12.30pm||9.30pm||Community Festival|
|Friday 5 July||1.30pm||3.30pm||10.30pm||Wireless Festival|
|Saturday 6 July||11am||12pm||10.30pm||Wireless Festival|
|Sunday 7 July||11am||12am||9.30pm||Wireless Festival|
- Build starts: Friday 21 June
- Site cleared by: Friday 12 July
- Weekday vehicle curfew: 8.20am - 9am and 3.20pm - 4pm
Haringey Council has worked closely with the organiser to ensure the build has minimal impact on park users and that safety is paramount. Park users are asked to take care when going through the park during this time as there will be lorries and other vehicles coming into the park to facilitate the build of the event space.
The event area will cover the southern Bandstand Field, the lawn adjacent to Seven Sisters Road, and storage for event material will use the hard-standing area to the south of the tennis courts and near the netball courts. All other parts of the park, including all the facilities, are open as normal. A zonal map will be available detailing what parts of the park will be closed.
Haringey Council and Festival Republic will be taking every step to ensure that vehicles observe a safe speed limit while moving around the park.
The carriageway between the pedestrian crossing near Oxford Road Gate to Finsbury Gate will be segregated by fencing to keep pedestrians and cyclists away from construction traffic. This path and the one running between Hornsey Wood Tavern Gate and the central play area will be closed on event days, and the following day. Other routes through the park will remain open.
On event days:
- Oxford Road Gate will close from 6pm, and re-open at dawn when the park is opened the following morning
- Parking within the park carriageway will not be permitted on all event days unless you have a letter of authorisation or are a blue badge holder
- During set up and take down public parking within the park will be restricted to the north of the park