Booking a Park
Haringey’s award winning parks are great places to host events. Whether it’s a very small community event or a major music festival we want our parks to be buzzing places, providing entertainment and activities for all communities.
To encourage more small community activity in the borough’s parks we have made the application process even easier using our partner online application portal, and now events for under 100 people are free of any charge!
To help you decide on whether to apply to use a park for your event please read the Outdoor Events Policy (PDF, 241KB) first which details the types of events we encourage and those we do not allow. Just because you submit an application it doesn’t automatically guarantee permission to host your event. After a process you will receive the decision in writing.
Before you submit an application to host an event in a part there are a few things you need to consider and some documentation you will need to provide.
Keep reading to find out more!
For us to make sure all proposed events taking place in our public parks are suitable, safe and well organised we will need all organisers to read, complete and upload the following documentation:
- Event Safety Management Plan Template (Word, 87KB)
- Event Safety Checklist (Word, 39KB)
- Risk Assessment Template (Word, 99KB)
- Site Plan
- Indemnity Form (Word, 35KB)
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate – minimum of £5m cover
Templates for these documents can be found here. The amount of detail needed is dependent on the size of the proposed event.
All applications must be received within the times stipulated below to allow sufficient time for the application process to be completed.
- A very small event for up to 100 people and a small event for up to 500 people – minimum of 6 weeks before the event
- A medium event for up to 2,000 people – minimum of 3 months before the event
- A large event for up to 10,000 people – minimum of 6 months before the event
- A major event for more than 10,000 people – minimum of 9 months before the event
You can now hold a very small event for less than 100 people for free!
Applications for all other park events are subject to a non-refundable application fee that will be charged whether your event goes ahead or not. The price of the application fee varies depending on the size of your event but these, and all other charges, are detailed in the 2020/21 Fees and Charges document (PDF, 233KB).
Financial help with events
You may be eligible to apply for financial help with organising your event, especially if it benefits the local community. Find out more about the Parks and Open Spaces Small Grants Scheme.
Making an application
Before making your application please contact the Haringey Events Team to check that the park you wish to use is available on the date that you want.
Once you have done this and the documentation listed above is ready, please register and complete the application via our online partner EventApp (external link).
A whole host of resources to help you plan your event can be found at the London Events Toolkit website (external link).
If you have any further questions or would need advice with your application please email email@example.com or call 020 8489 1418.
Did you know you can now pay for this service online using our e-payments facility? Simply visit our e-Payments page e-payments page to find out more or to make a payment. You will need your invoice details handy when you log on.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
Use Parks Responsibly
Please be responsible for your own, and others' safety when using our parks:
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Stay 2m from other people
- Playgrounds remain open – please follow guidance when using them
- Outdoor gyms and ballcourts are closed until further notice
- Put your litter in a bin, or take it home
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands when you get home