Marcus Garvey Library
Marcus Garvey Library is closed until further notice, due to essential maintenance works
- Location: Tottenham Green Pools and Fitness, 1 Philip Lane, Tottenham, N15 4JA (see map for location and how to get there)
- Telephone renewals Tel: 020 8489 4560 (option 1)
- Contact libraries online: Make a general enquiry (eform)
- Opening Times
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9am to 7pm
- Wednesday 10am to 7pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 12 noon to 4pm
- See also opening hours for Customer Services within the Centre.
Discovery, the new Haringey Libraries online public access catalogue, is here!
Browse the library catalogue, view and book upcoming events, and manage your account and reading preferences, all in one place and on any PC, tablet or smartphone. A great new feature of Discovery is its constantly changing book recommendations based on what is popular in adult and children’s genres and your own preferences that you set in your account.
Search Reserve and Renew External link
Inside the library
Marcus Garvey Library is located in the Tottenham Green Lesiure Centre building and offers a variety of services and facilities in the heart of South Tottenham. There are regular events for adults and children, including film showings, early years activities, and book readings by local and bestselling authors.
Marcus Garvey Library is named after the civil rights activit to mark what would have been his 100th birthday. The library contains his sculpted bust where beneath it is the library's foundation stone, which was laid in 1987 by his son Marcus Garvey Junior. In addition, it also houses an extensive collection of Marcus Garvey's literary works written by him and others as well as his portraits.
More inside the library:
- Free bookable computer access and free WiFi
- Printing, scanning and photocopying
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Study spaces and Warm Welcome Network
- Children's Library Garden
- Representatives' Surgeries
The following councillors hold regular surgeries at the library (click on their names for details):
Tottenham Central Ward
- Councillor Isidoros Diakides (Labour)
- Councillor Matt White (Labour)
- Councillor Felicia Opoku (Labour)
Tottenham Hale Ward
Use our 'Find my Ward' postcode search to confirm who your councillor is.
How to get there and location
Nearest Tube Seven Sisters Station
Nearest Mainline Bruce Grove Station
Buses 123, 149, 230, 243, 259, 279, 318, 341, 349, 476, W4
Useful external links
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required